Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Griot`s 3"

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got one of these in today. Been wanting to try one for a while and I have a

`55 Chevy Truck coming up that will need a small polisher on the dash. So that was the justification (Like we really need that to buy new stuff huh?)

I am also working on a Cadillac STS (CTS?) right now that the "wood" on the console and dash is all swirled up on so I will try it out on that as well.

I will post my findings as soon as I know something worth posting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Strike one: Got it home and fired it up and just the weight of the machine all but stopped the rotation! Called Autogeek but it was after hours. Called Griot`s and the chick (Kimber) said that she has two of them and has never been able to use it at speed 6 cuz it`s too powerful. So, a whole warehouse full of these things and I get the needle in the hay stack.:sadpace:

Called Autogeek this morning and told them what happened and they guy (Duane) said the same thing, that these are very powerful little machines. He is sending another one out to me today, 2nd day air, with all the labeling for me to send the other one back on Friday.

Wonderful customer service that will hopefully lead to a great product!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mose

Called Autogeek this morning and told them what happened and they guy (Duane) said the same thing, that these are very powerful little machines. He is sending another one out to me today, 2nd day air, with all the labeling for me to send the other one back on Friday.

Wonderful customer service that will hopefully lead to a great product!!!

Dwayne is a good CS rep. Glad he helped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prop to Dwayne at AG. He helped me with an issue that I had with my Flex. AG has great customer service.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    My first griot`s 3" polisher went out on me after 20 min of working with it, so I called griot`s and they told me to call Autogeek because thats were i purchased it from, once I done that AG sent me out a brand new one and it has been going strong ever since!
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never seen a polisher used on a dash, can I see some pics of the results you`re getting? What all are using it for on interiors?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jose206
    I`ve never seen a polisher used on a dash, can I see some pics of the results you`re getting? What all are using it for on interiors?

I think that 55 Chevy had a metal dash painted body color. So it`s no different than normal. He`s not using it on modern dashes. (to my knowledge)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mindflux is correct. The dash is painted metal just like the body on an older vehicle like that.

I did want to try it on the "wood" trim in the Cadillac SLS I just did to see if it would take the little swirls and scratches out....but it turned out to be defective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okie doke! Got the replacement one today at work (just like Dwayne said I would) and will give it a shot in the morning. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Post Thanks / Like
    mose- Be a little careful regarding sling. If you use a watery product (or too much of most anything), that little polisher can sling product all over, at least at higher speeds. Gee, guess how I know

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    mose- Be a little careful regarding sling. If you use a watery product (or too much of most anything), that little polisher can sling product all over, at least at higher speeds. Gee, guess how I know

You lifted someone elses post and reposted it as yours? Oh wait you aren`t TOWGT.

:woot::beware

Post Thanks / Like
    Mindflux- Huh? You lost me there :think: Had somebody else posted the same thing?

(Yeah, I got the JK nature, just wasn`t sure how I set myself up for it!)

I mentioned it once before in an exhange with Mike Phillips, came up after I used it for spot-correction on the Yukon and got a mist of M105 all over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried it again this weekend. Had a PT Cruiser and a GT2 Carrera to do so had ample opportunity.

Plugged it in, put a dab of SIP on the Griot`s 3" pad, touched it on the paint and fired it up. Almost the same thing. The weight of the machine almost brought the rotation to a complete stop!! It was still doing the "back and forth" action but almost no spinning at all.

I took the 3" Griot`s pad off and put an LC 4" pad on and the same thing happened. I didn`t really expect any difference but wanted to make sure I covered all possibilities.

So I called Dwayne at Autogeek. He asked if my whole garage is on the same circuit. "Yes it is", I told him. Then he told me to try it in the house. Plugged it in and sure enough it was a lot stronger! Still not as strong as I thought it should be but I couldn`t stop the pad from spinning with my hand anymore. I didn`t have anything else on in the garage and my FLEX works perfectly so it doesn`t make much sense to me. So I am not sure what I am going to do from here.

It just doesn`t have the "oomph" that I was hoping for.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be more than happy to hear them....Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a 3" RO polisher. I personally wouldn`t expect much from it. RO`s don`t have forced rotation like a Flex does. Stopping rotation is easy even on a 7424.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    It`s. 3" RO polisher. I personally wouldn`t expect much from it. RO`s don`t have forced rotation like a Flex does. Stopping rotation is easy even on a 7424.

Believe me.....I get that. But from what everybody said it had more than enough power and they couldn`t get it past 4.5 cuz it was too powerful. Was just expecting a little more from it.

I did use it on the chrome grill of the PT Cruiser and it seemed to work nicely for that. I still has the "orbital" part of the equation, just not the spinning. It seemed to work nicely for polishing the chrome. Kinda spendy for something to use just for that though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information