Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips
    Something doesn`t sound right?.... Definitely a little bit of technique is needed to really take advantage of the capability of these types of tool...

I`ve used all three DA Polishers extensively and the GG ROP does the best job of keeping a pad rotating under pressure....

I need to use it some more before I make any firm determinations, let`s face it, I`ve hardly done *anything* with the Griot`s yet so I shouldn`t be casting aspersions on it...I was just commenting that it still seemed easy enough to bog that I had to watch it. No question it keeps the pad rotating a *lot* better than my PCs.

Heh heh, I bet it`d be something else with a 4" pad setup!

Quote Originally Posted by John_K
    Should I spend the extra $ and go with a 25 ft cable? I`m thinking no. I don`t have any shortage of extension cords. I can use this tool to apply and buff wax off too right? What kind of pads should I get? Also, do I need any kind of "Backing plates" with the Griots?

I too have a zillion extension cords and wondered about the longer cord on the "Heavy Duty" model. I did get that model (it was a Christmas gift) and I gotta say that I appreciate the longer cord a lot more than I thought I would, even though I`m still plugging it into my usual extension cord.

If you want to use smaller (5.5", 4") pads you`ll need the smaller backing plate to go with them (same one the PC uses). But I think you oughta try it out with the original plate and 6" pads, which might work out just fine.

And yeah, it does a nice job of applying wax! The red Griot`s wax pad is what I usually use. It does a pretty good job of buffing wax *off* too, with MF bonnets (still need a little by-hand final work though).

For polishing, I like the orange Griot`s polishing pad, even though the velcro comes pretty close to the edge of the pad. The similar LC Hydrotech pads would be another good choice IMO, and the cyan hydrotech would offer more cut (and the ruby one would be a better choice for finishing on soft clear).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I`m checking with my #s tonight just to make sure I can`t swing the Flex. Definitely very helpful advice!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_K
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I`m checking with my #s tonight just to make sure I can`t swing the Flex. Definitely very helpful advice!!

Couldn`t have said it better my self.

I also would like to thank everyone for their input, Looks like i am leaning towards a flex kit from AG

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information