Thread: buffer trail

Post Thanks / Like
    I polished all the scratches out of my roof of my autocross car....now I have a darn buffer trail....whats the best way of going about taking that out now?

I have M105 and M205 and LC white and orange pads

Post Thanks / Like
    M205 on a white pad should get rid of that buffer trail. Post pictures if you can.

BTW what kind of car is this on as well as what is the color of the vehicle?

Post Thanks / Like

I got them out....and then used Optimum Polie Seal

what do you guys think of this ? honestly..is it a good result? this is the best its every looked for me but I want a professional opinion as well

and its a 1996 mazda miata

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is the day for buffer trails on miatas. What combo did you use that ended up working?

The gloss in your picture looks great. Does it look equally as good with the sun reflecting in it? Good work :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    really....why has there been a lot of miatas with trails today ?

and i actually used a white pad with 105 then another white ith 205 with my pc and then poli sealed it

but it looks better in person....my camera doesn`t take the clearest pics...but thanks !

Post Thanks / Like
    and i got the trails out....stood back and looked at it and still " saw " one...and was like dang i can`t get this SOB out....then I saw it starting to move and was like WHAT THE HECK ! .....freaking plane in the sky was reflecting off my roof ..haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmurdock101
    and i got the trails out....stood back and looked at it and still " saw " one...and was like dang i can`t get this SOB out....then I saw it starting to move and was like WHAT THE HECK ! .....freaking plane in the sky was reflecting off my roof ..haha

:chuckle:

Car looks good man and so does the gloss and reflection. Funny thing that the plane tripped you out though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmurdock101

That is funny about the plane! I was just commenting previously because I just posted a thread earlier today about stubborn buffer trails on a 99 miata. Must be something with the paint Mazda uses.

Random question - are your side mirrors a single stage paint (color comes off on buffing pad) or color/clear? The 99 I was working on had single stage paint on only the side mirrors and I am suspecting a repaint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was repainted as well....it was a rental car that had 1,200 miles on it when my dads friend baught it...then I baught it off him and had it repainted....if you look close in the first pic around my hand/forearm theres actually a metalic flake in it...but my mirrors are clear coated because of the repaint

Thread Information