Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am going to be upgrading to the Griot`s Garage 6" DA machine. With my older PC I had been using 5.5" pads to get the cut I needed. I know this new machine is more powerful than the older PC model that I have(mine is about 5yrs old). My question is should I just run the stock 6" backing plate with 6.5" pads, or should I grab a 5" backing plate and keep using 5.5" pads for more bite? I am trying to use my rotory less and less, and am upgrading to this machine so I can remove more defects with a DA machine and the KBM. I am already planning on picking up a backing plate for use with 4" pads for tighter areas. Just looking for opinions on 5.5" or 6.5" with this machine, thanks a bunch!
    "The Carfather"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by strauss
    Well I am going to be upgrading to the Griot`s Garage 6" DA machine. With my older PC I had been using 5.5" pads to get the cut I needed. I know this new machine is more powerful than the older PC model that I have(mine is about 5yrs old). My question is should I just run the stock 6" backing plate with 6.5" pads, or should I grab a 5" backing plate and keep using 5.5" pads for more bite? I am trying to use my rotory less and less, and am upgrading to this machine so I can remove more defects with a DA machine and the KBM. I am already planning on picking up a backing plate for use with 4" pads for tighter areas. Just looking for opinions on 5.5" or 6.5" with this machine, thanks a bunch!
    The new Griot has enough power to spin the 6.5" pads, but I perfer the 5.5" pads. If you are doing large panels then the 6.5" will cover more ground.

Thread Information