Nothing really that epic or amazing, and the car is now gone unfortunately, but I got to try a few things for myself on this 1993 Subaru Legacy before she was taken away!

So first up, headlight polishing - turns out 2 passes of M205 and a PC XP/LC white 4" pad was all that was necessary to satisfy me.

As is (completely clean however)

First pass of PC XP/LC 4" white/M205

Second pass, and i`m happy!

Night shot of results

Next up: scratching! More specifically, scratching up my brother`s car! MAN, did this ever feel weird! I got a couple spots right through rather badly, and did some light ones and everything in between with about 6 consecutive scratches.

Panel before scratching:

Scratched!

2 passes of M105/PC XP/LC orange 4" pad:

Wetsanding (only got a chance to do 1 mild run, 2000 grit only used):

Buffed out - pretty much as gone as they`re going to be in my mind:

Good reflection:

And finally, did a quick test to get a feel for how many passes might start to get through the clear (4" LC orange/PC XP/M105) assuming the pad was kept flat.

Unfortunately, no paint gauge...

First, I did 8-9 passes on the same concentrated spot. Looked great, no issues.

Getting a little impatient, I did three 30-second spurts of the pad sitting on ONE spot with pressure (slight movement, ensuring pad was spinning etc). So, a minute and 30 seconds in total on ONE spot with pressure!

Quick wipedown, and the paint still looked like new! And i`ve heard the Subaru clear is usually on the soft side...

I feel a little safer about doing a 3rd or 4th pass on a client`s car to get things a little better now...although don`t get me wrong, I know I still need a paint gauge...