Post Thanks / Like
    `Nother noob here but I am investing in a PC and thinking of a good, cost effective combo for pads/polishes. I was thinking about the pinnacle swirl remover bundle coupled with orange pad for swirl remover #3 and #4. White pad with #2 and a gray pad for #1. Then get a blue and top with maybe meguiars or poorboys wax? Im looking for a little help on the wax/sealant. I want a deep,wet shine but not spend a fortune. Is the poorboys my best combo? Or is the Meguiars better bet?

Post Thanks / Like
    there are a LOT of options. I guess if i were to doit over, i would just get Meguires 105/205, then a quality wax. As for pads, i`m playing with quite a few myself, so i haven`t found "the pad" to go with yet. However, might i suggest avoiding the Lake County "smart pad" they trap compound, dry it out, then spit it like dust in all directions.

<span style="color:#000000;">jaison tortorea, ts</span><span style="color:#ff33cc;">|</span><span style="color:#000000;">s Detailing</span>
    <span style="font-size:12px;">Cincinnati Car Detailing
    Cincinnati Clear Bra</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Car Detailing</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Clear Bra</span>

Post Thanks / Like
    What pad(s) do you use with the 105/205 and how aggressive are they? Do you use the 105 with an orange pad and 205 with white? The 105 scares me a bit because of how `fast` it works. I dont want to risk messing my paint up, but i guess i will be using an PC. Is the megs #26 a `quality` wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lrall
    What pad(s) do you use with the 105/205 and how aggressive are they? Do you use the 105 with an orange pad and 205 with white? The 105 scares me a bit because of how `fast` it works. I dont want to risk messing my paint up, but i guess i will be using an PC. Is the megs #26 a `quality` wax?

Welcome to Autopia!

I didn`t respond earlier as I have no experience with the Pinnacle polishes you were then considering. Now that you`re thinking about M105/M205 (good choices IMO)....

IMO, the quick work time and nondiminishing abrasives of M105 probably makes it *easier* for somebody just starting out. No need to guess/worry about breaking the product down sufficiently.

M205 is pretty easy to get the hang of too.

I generally use M105 with an orange Lake County pad and I like following it with M205 on an orange *Griot`s* foam pad, which is a completely different type of orange foam. I hear the new Lake County Cyan and Tangerine pads make for a similar combination.

There`s nothing wrong with Meguiar`s #26, though I`d usually go with something more durable from Collinite.

Post Thanks / Like
    M105 and M205 in my opinion are very easy to work with.... M105 does flash pretty quickly but also allows time for you to break the polish down.... which is a plus... M205 is awsome cuts just enough after M105 to remove any marring left after M105, and finshes down quite nicely... Especially with a DA machine on harder paints... If using a rotary on soft paint you might want to try the Menzerna line of products, as they break down very thourghly... But they also start out with enough cut for ceramic clear coats...

Pretty much if you are using a DA machine, and you are new B, M105 and M205 is a very good selection.... Of course the defects present, and the type of clear coat will dictate your pad selection...
    "The art of detailing"

Anthony Santiago

Commercial URL removed from signature. -- moderator

Thread Information