Post Thanks / Like
    I work at a Boating Dealership that sells high end fishing boats. We have a full service department which I am the service writer/parts guy at. They used to do boat detailing. I have cleaned many boats but never machine polished.

I sat down with the owner last week and talked to him about doing it to drum him up extra business(and I wouldn`t have to worry about getting business license or insurance since it`s through the company) so I could get extra money for myself as well as the company.

I just ordered the makita and 6 wool pads with backing plates for 10% off from autogeek with free shipping for memorial day =). My dad has a boat to practice on and I am going to help my boss(service manager not the owner) on his. I can`t wait to get started and give before and after picks. I get all megs and 3m products for cost+10% through work =). I am so excited I can`t stand it. I have pricing and damage disclosure sheets drawn up which I have to add some finishing touches too i`ll post later. w00t! :getdown

Any advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t ever done boats before, so I can`t give any advice, but there`s quite a few guys on Autopia that have made some darn good coin doing boats!

It sounds like you`ve got a great thing going... Let us know how it works out?
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Thread Information