Post Thanks / Like
    I bought some M105 last year near the end of the summer.. I loved the cut and short work time BUT if you worked it for one second longer than you should it would turn to concrete. It also had some intermittent little pebbles of abrasives that I would actually have to pick out once on the pad or it would leave bad marks (kind of like pig tails).

I just bought another bottle of the old fomula because in leiu of the above points, I thought that was just how the product was so, I learned to use it...

BUT to my surprise this new bottle I just got of the old formula had no little pebble abrasives, much better work time, it did not turn to concrete but just melted into the paint and still had the the great cut... I think I got a bad batch at first??

I love this stuff! It really saved my *** on a rock hard M5 I worked on this weekend! I am now going to go to my local supplier and buy all the old formula M105 he has on his shelf since it will all be gone soon!

So, the point of this thread? If you have the old formula with little pebble abrasives and/or if the product turns to concrete if you work it for one moment longer than it wants to be worked and this is frustrating you = Buy a new bottle of the old formula (if you can find it) and I think you will be VERY pleasantly surprised!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, MotorCity. There have been several people that commented about the little pebbles of abrasives in the old formula.

I`m with you, though, I like the old formula much better than the new. In one application of the old stuff, I can get more correction done, faster, and with a better finish than the new stuff.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Hobbyist Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone asked Megs if they could stock the old formula as a specialty item? It seems incredibly popular.

Also, does anyone have photos of bottles of the old vs. the new so one could determine the difference?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    I`m with you, though, I like the old formula much better than the new. In one application of the old stuff, I can get more correction done, faster, and with a better finish than the new stuff.

Supe,

The Mirror Glaze distributor near me still has the original 105. Are you flying into Louisville again anytime soon? If so, I can get you some and hold on to it till you fly in and just meet you and give it to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    Supe,

The Mirror Glaze distributor near me still has the original 105. Are you flying into Louisville again anytime soon? If so, I can get you some and hold on to it till you fly in and just meet you and give it to you.

Oh, man, that would be great, but get this.. I just got the MRI results of my back today. I gotta have at least three and possibly four disks fused, and several nerve passages have to be, for lack of a better term, cleaned out. I have little use left of my left arm and hand, and some nasty, *nasty* lower back pain. So I`m out of the flying game for at least the next five months. I sure appreciate the offer, though!
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it true that M105 is not ideal to use with a Porter Cable? I was going to try it out but after reading a few threads it seems that some people are saying that M105 should not be used with a PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    I appologize for the huge picture, but it`s the only way to keep the writing legible...

The gallon on the right is the original M105 and the one on the left is the updated version. The new version has a red picture showing the product being used with a DA. It also gives DA recommendations.

The original M105 was not approved for DA use, but many, including myself, have had great success.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect picture, PorscheGuy.

Hobbyist Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Much appreciated!

Thread Information