Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pc7424

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle96ss
    Whats the best size backing plate to use with the 4" pads?

I have two (and no, I can`t remember where I got `em, sorry...). One is about 3.5" and it`s the best size. The other is about 2.75" and while it`s great for 3.5" PFW pads, I have to be a little careful with 4" ones lest it do the "cookie cutter" thing to them. Not a *big* deal though and that`s the plate that`s currently on my "small pad dedicated" PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    ordering some 4" soon whats a better pad the one`s in your link or the Uber foam pads from say Detailers Domain.??

i have the 5.5 Uber pads but you need to becareful no to over apply product or it`ll gum up the pad,do the ccs pads do that? or am i adding to much product?

Post Thanks / Like
    you using to much product if its gumming up. it makes sense to stay with on company`s pads so that all the colors mean the performance level. example a black edge pad may not be the same as a black lake county. you`ll need to compare the what you have in mind. if you`ve use the uber and like them there is no real reason to change to lake county pads. trying something else is not alway bad either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wascallyrabbit
    you using to much product if its gumming up. it makes sense to stay with on company`s pads so that all the colors mean the performance level. example a black edge pad may not be the same as a black lake county. you`ll need to compare the what you have in mind. if you`ve use the uber and like them there is no real reason to change to lake county pads. trying something else is not alway bad either.
    K thanks,, that answerd three Q`s of mine. So far i like the uber never tryed anything else(new to this)but they seem like a good pad so far,holding up well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info here..Thanks...a question: Autogeek suggests a 2 3/4" backing plate for the low profile 4" pads. Any negative to this? Could I use it for all 4" pads eithout issues?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information