Post Thanks / Like
    I have been looking into getting something to replace my PC for a while now. I dont plan on spending 300$ for a flex since I just got a Makita Rotary and im still learning to use it.

I would like to get the G110 as ive heard good things about it and its correcting capability. I have a question though that I have searched for and cannot find the anwser to. Can it accept different backing plates? I have 3.5 inch backing plate I just got for my PC to use in conjunction with 4" pads and I would hate to buy a G110 and find out I cannot use my 3.5 backing plate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by volvoguy
    I have been looking into getting something to replace my PC for a while now. I dont plan on spending 300$ for a flex since I just got a Makita Rotary and im still learning to use it.

I would like to get the G110 as ive heard good things about it and its correcting capability. I have a question though that I have searched for and cannot find the anwser to. Can it accept different backing plates? I have 3.5 inch backing plate I just got for my PC to use in conjunction with 4" pads and I would hate to buy a G110 and find out I cannot use my 3.5 backing plate.

Yes it can... it`s pretty much the same as a PC but with different motor and body...
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This link: Dual Action Polisher Comparison Chart - Car Care Forums: Meguiar`s Online shows that the thread size is the same as the PC.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick anwser guys.

I just realized Uncle Sam gave me a generous refund this year and I may change my mind on this.

I currently have a PC and Makita 9227. I either want to keep the Makita and get a G110 an sell my old PC, or as ive been thinking keep the PC and use it solely with my 3.5" pads for tight spots and get the flex to replace the Makita and sell the Makita.

Ive been using the Makita for a little while now and still cannot really master it, I know it takes time but I also know that the Flex can do at least 95% of what the Makita can do with little learning curve.

Right now im just stuck on what to do? I guess it would come down to which tool would sell faster. Im guessing that a month old Makita with a few different backing plates would sell faster than a PC thats 6 years old!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by volvoguy
    Thanks for the quick anwser guys.

I just realized Uncle Sam gave me a generous refund this year and I may change my mind on this.

I currently have a PC and Makita 9227. I either want to keep the Makita and get a G110 an sell my old PC, or as ive been thinking keep the PC and use it solely with my 3.5" pads for tight spots and get the flex to replace the Makita and sell the Makita.

Ive been using the Makita for a little while now and still cannot really master it, I know it takes time but I also know that the Flex can do at least 95% of what the Makita can do with little learning curve.

Right now im just stuck on what to do? I guess it would come down to which tool would sell faster. Im guessing that a month old Makita with a few different backing plates would sell faster than a PC thats 6 years old!

I think for your it`s best to sell the Makita and get the Flex... keep the PC for 3-3.5" pads for spot polishing/correction since Flex doesn`t have smaller backing plates (as far as I know)
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive checked my stock and logically it seems like the flex makes more sense.

All my pads are 6.5" so they will work fine with the flex, Also if I got the G110 I would still be switching packing plates on it to use for some one step details that I do. Getting the Flex would mean I have two very specific machines for any job. Flex for 6.5" pads, and PC for 4" pads... works for me!

P.S.

If anyone is interested in a VERY lightly used Makita rotary ( read 1 month or 4 details or so) with 2 backing plates let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would I be better of waiting for the new PC7424 or just get G110 from ADS?

Post Thanks / Like
    Volvo PM me your price on the Makita please, I`m interested.

Jo Meg`s G110 has a great reputation already while the new PC is, well, new... Then again it might turn out to be much better than the G110... I would wait just so I don`t regret not waiting
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>

Post Thanks / Like
    vovloguy- What about getting a Dynabrade setup for the Makita? Somebody mentioned this on another thread and I gotta admit it never crossed my mind when I bought my Flex. Might`ve been a better idea...what with my already having the rotaries to use it on :think:

Yeah, I do love my Flex 3401, but still...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo
    Volvo PM me your price on the Makita please, I`m interested.

Jo Meg`s G110 has a great reputation already while the new PC is, well, new... Then again it might turn out to be much better than the G110... I would wait just so I don`t regret not waiting

The differences between G110 and the new PC is only 0.3 amp and 300 rpm, if I`m not mistaken. How would that differences turn the PC into a much better machine? How about the old PC vs G110?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoTheDetailer
    The differences between G110 and the new PC is only 0.3 amp and 300 rpm, if I`m not mistaken. How would that differences turn the PC into a much better machine? How about the old PC vs G110?

There are other variables, like vibration (maybe something`s used to dampen the vibration in the new PC) and ergonomics... these are all assumptions as I`ve only slightly looked over the info on the new PC...

As for old PC vs. G110 I`d recommend G110... it has a bit less vibration and noise, but I might be more deaf now than before when I owned the PC so... haha
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>

Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information