Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    As the topic says, are CCS pads worth coughing up the extra money for or is it just a marketing gimmick to differentiate themselves from the flat pads?

The 7.5" flat pads I got from Adam`s Polishes were just too large to do any real cutting on my wife`s scratched up `98 Mustang. Adam`s 110% return policy is apparently no BS as I was refunded my money for the pads and I still get to keep them. :xyxthumbs

So now I`m in the market for some 4" and 5.5" pads. I`m thinking on going with:

(1) 4" Orange Pad

(1) 4" Yellow Pad

(1) 5.5" Orange Pad

(1) 5.5" White Pad

(1) 5.5" Blue Pad

I think that should give me enough options, now I just need to figure out do I get CCS and where can I get these pads (either flat or CCS) the cheapest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I wouldn`t recommend CCS pads. I do not see any advantage to using them and the new yellow CCS was completely unusable as it marred every finish I ever used it on.

I like flat pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04
    I like flat pads.

agreed....

Post Thanks / Like
    Im in the market for some new pads. I`m curious as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also like the flat pads. Patrick at Exceldetail has some good prices and great service:

Welcome to Exceldetail.com!

He has 6.5", 5.5", and 4" pads as well as some quality backing plates.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen no advantages with the CCS pads either.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the CCS pads with ZPC and I feel they increase the work time compared with flat pads. With traditional polishes it may not make a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like using Lake Country CCS 7.5 inch foam pads because they have a beveled face, a recessed backing and a centering hole. The recessed backing is alot safer than a conventional flat face pad because it conceals the machine`s backing plate to eliminate contact with the buffing surface. As far as the CCS technology goes; I haven`t noticed a significant difference and could care less if the pad had it or not. I also think having a pad/plate combo with a centering hole makes for alot easier centering too.

I really haven`t expererienced a lack of cutting than competitor pads either. If you`re looking for more cutting power, I`d suggest going with a wool pad instead of foam for most applications.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    what are these flat pads people are speaking of, is that just a generic term or brand?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetlou
    what are these flat pads people are speaking of, is that just a generic term or brand?

it`s the bottom of the pad that is referred to where it is completely flat (no pockets/2nd pic), where as the CCS has the little round pockets (1st pic)...

CCS

FLAT

Post Thanks / Like
    My experience is the CCS pads are not a quantum leap or order of magnitude different than the flat pads. I`d say 6 or 1/2 dozen.

More of a personal preference than anything.

In other words, if you`ve got one type of pad already, I wouldn`t bother trying the other. They perform about the same if you ask me.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm, is there a main company that makes the flat pads? I know megs makes some, but are there differences besides the colors pertaining to cut?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetlou
    hmm, is there a main company that makes the flat pads? I know megs makes some, but are there differences besides the colors pertaining to cut?

it just depends on the vendor who wants to carry them (some carry the CCS instead as they feel they are better than the Flat pads) or both (preference). exceldetail, detailedimage, danase, etc., carry the Flat pads on regular basis which are made by Lake Country...

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer the flat pads and feel as though I actually get more correction from them via PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been using CCS pads exclusively for nearly the last year and a half, after using flat pads for about a year.

The yellow and orange pads get cut up and torn apart very quickly because of the combination of their stiffness and the grooves along the outside of the pad, which gets caught on things. The white pads are nice, they hold up well, no complaints here.

I *seem* to notice that the pads don`t get clogged up as much, however it is probably just because I change pads more often that when I started with the flat pads.

The little dots are 99% hype, IMO, I have never seen them hold polish for "rebeading the panel" or whatever it`s called.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information