Post Thanks / Like
    On Autogeek there is an option for the PC to select heavy duty. This come with a 25` 16 gauge cord. It states that the PC will be more powerful and not bog down.

Will this actually make a difference and for $40 extra is this really worth getting. And also do you guys have any problems with the cords on the PC`s where it actually goes into the PC?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered the same thing

Post Thanks / Like
    you should be fine with the standard PC, just make sure to use the proper extension cord...

Post Thanks / Like
    $40 for another year of warranty and a longer, heavier-duty cord. I doubt it`ll add any power. The heavier-gauge cord will simply "keep" the power that is conducted with a shorter cord.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    want a little stronger DA polisher get the G110 from AG.....

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I keep reading that the PC really isn`t too strong and the Flex is a lot more powerful, basically I have no idea what to buy now

Post Thanks / Like
    Well since this is my first time detailing and I am trying to do so on a budget I think that I will go with the PC for now (not the HD version) and then move to the flex possibly down the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    yeah I keep reading that the PC really isn`t too strong and the Flex is a lot more powerful, basically I have no idea what to buy now

you can buy a rotary & PC for about the price of the Flex. it just depends on what you want, and how often you will use one or both...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    you can buy a rotary & PC for about the price of the Flex. it just depends on what you want, and how often you will use one or both...

Thanks Al, I`ll go ahead and order the PC with all the 4" pads they make for it

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Al. I would suggest buying a PC before buying a Flex a) b/c it`s your first machine. The PC is easier to handle. b) The cost. c) Once you`re comfortable with the PC, then move to a rotary.

I have a Flex, and my feelings about it have been back and fourth. After using a PC, then a UDM, I wanted to move to a rotary but after using one a few times, I just wasn`t comfortable with it so I bought the Flex. But, after using the Flex a few times, I found myself wanting to learn the rotary. Now, I`m comfortable using a rotary (although I`m not at the same level as Todd, Scottwax, and some of the other great rotary users here). Now days, I`d rather just use a PC or a rotary (my UDM broke). If I`m using a PC, it`s going to be a 1-step AIO type of job. If I have to do correction, I`m pulling out the rotary.

So, there`s my own thoughts on buffers.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I own a Flex, a PC and a Griot`s orbital (which I need to sell...). Also have the Griot`s 3" pneumatic RO, which I love. I`ll probably never move to a true orbital. The flex is very powerful, but a little bit of a handful - you have to pay more attention to control than with a PC. I`ll keep my PC and Flex, and use them both a fair bit.

For starting out, you really can`t beat a PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. My order is in and I will start off with the PC

Thread Information