Thread: Flex 3401

Post Thanks / Like
    So a couple weels ago I started having problems with my FLEX. It was over 100 degrees in the garage and I thought it was thermal shutdown. I wold le it cool down for a while and it would start working again.

I was in Vegas last weekend so I didn`t have a detail.

So this weekend I was in the middle of a Denali and stopped the FLEX to apply more polish. Went to start it again and nothing....so I waited...nothing...waited some more...nothing.

I called the closest service center to Sacramento....Santa Ana....and talked to a very helpful guy that told me it might be my power souce...(i.e. extension cord) He asked what gauge cord I was using. I told him it was just a regular orange 50` cord. He told me to plug the FLEX directly into the wall an see if it starts....ignition!! So I plugged it back in with the ext.cord and nothing.

I thinked him for his time and drove to Home Depot to buy a new cord. I ended up getting a 50` 10ga cord. It ended up costing me about $60 but ulitmately it was worth it!! Came home, plugged everything in and viola!! We have power!

So...anyone suffereing from problems like this might want to try a thicker ext cord.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mose
    So a couple weels ago I started having problems with my FLEX. It was over 100 degrees in the garage and I thought it was thermal shutdown. I wold le it cool down for a while and it would start working again.

I was in Vegas last weekend so I didn`t have a detail.

So this weekend I was in the middle of a Denali and stopped the FLEX to apply more polish. Went to start it again and nothing....so I waited...nothing...waited some more...nothing.

I called the closest service center to Sacramento....Santa Ana....and talked to a very helpful guy that told me it might be my power souce...(i.e. extension cord) He asked what gauge cord I was using. I told him it was just a regular orange 50` cord. He told me to plug the FLEX directly into the wall an see if it starts....ignition!! So I plugged it back in with the ext.cord and nothing.

I thinked him for his time and drove to Home Depot to buy a new cord. I ended up getting a 50` 10ga cord. It ended up costing me about $60 but ulitmately it was worth it!! Came home, plugged everything in and viola!! We have power!

So...anyone suffereing from problems like this might want to try a thicker ext cord.

i think AL-53 mentioned that as well (using at least a 12ga cord). did you get the ridgid extension cord?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep......that`s the one I bought! That thing is heavy!! Might have been overkill....but now I don`t have to worry about it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mose
    Yep......that`s the one I bought! That thing is heavy!! Might have been overkill....but now I don`t have to worry about it!!

nice, the lifetime warranty doesn`t hurt either!

Thread Information