Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Ed - Do you know what the differences are between your plate and the 3M one? Other than the price. We know the size, shape and look are similar, but do they feel different than the 3M plate (center section material)? Have you tried both kinds for comparison purposes?

Nope, I have never used the 3m BP, but these plates are developed by one of the most knowlegeable guy in field.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, but you can take me off the list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys a little update for yous that were interested.

I was able to get a hold of my source today and he told me the order should be in sometimes next week. I know I sound like a broken record, but my source is just as frustrated as you and I are since they he was suppose to receive them 2 weeks back. He told me he is basically out of stock for pretty much everything just not the backplates, but polishes, compounds and sealants as well. There seems to be a lack of understnading from suppliers in warm weather climates that here in the north eastern regions we only have a 4-5 months periods for detailing and we should have priorty over the stock than warmers area like California, Texas and Florida.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell him to tell the suppliers it will be 20 lashes with a wet noodle if they don`t hurry up soon..LOL. I am not in a big rush and have other backing plates to use, but it would be nice to get the stuff before the snow flys. No heated garage for me besides who the heck wants to get their vehicle detailed in the winter here in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m good whenever Ed

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been in contact with my source all week long and here is what is going on.

The original order he placed with the manufacturer in early August was never processed by the supplier, he placed another order with them this Wednesday(10/09/08) and they shipped the following day from Fremont, MI and should arrive by the end of next week (19/09/08) only thing is that my source will be on business trip during that time and will only be back by the 28 September for me to go pick them up. So if you guys can wait till the end of the month I will have them.

I also updated the list of those who want them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EdLancer
    I have been in contact with my source all week long and here is what is going on.

The original order he placed with the manufacturer in early August was never processed by the supplier, he placed another order with them this Wednesday(10/09/08) and they shipped the following day from Fremont, MI and should arrive by the end of next week (19/09/08) only thing is that my source will be on business trip during that time and will only be back by the 28 September for me to go pick them up. So if you guys can wait till the end of the month I will have them.

I also updated the list of those who want them.

Thanks for the update, I just went back through the thread to try to determine where the current list was since there were multiple lists but only one that appeared to be current:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine...ml#post1161144

Regards,

Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Fremont MI?

Man, that`s kinda close to where I live. I could`ve picked these up weeks ago.

Hmmm, that`s cool. Ed, as always, whenever you get`em in is good with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RDAutosport
    Thanks for the update, I just went back through the thread to try to determine where the current list was since there were multiple lists but only one that appeared to be current:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine...ml#post1161144

Regards,

Rich

I will also be emphasizing to my source that backplate selection in the 5/8" rotary and 5/16" DA is the current weak spot in the detailing world which is very very limited in choices, quality and availability so he should stock more BPs in stock.

This is the current list as of 14/09/08

5" backplate:

1. lecchilo

2. Pats300zx

3. kaval

4. LangMan37

5. LastRide

6. mr.ikon

7. jermar

4" Backplate:

1. kaval

2. lecchilo

3. LangMan37

4. LastRide

5. mr.ikon

6. RDAutosport

7. philttz

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy, I forgot I was on this list! I obtained a 5" backing plate, but don`t have a 4" one. If you`ve placed the order already I will pay for them both. If not, I will take the 4" BP. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll take Kaval`s 5" plate if he doesn`t want it. Or if he is not on the list, I will add myself.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    If that`s the case Kevin, just keep me on the list and we can do teh exchange. Gives us another reason to meet up, haha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bumping up an old thread.

So what exactly can you mix with a polish to make it last longer? And how much of it do you mix per ounce of polish? Anyone know for sure?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaban
    Bumping up an old thread.

So what exactly can you mix with a polish to make it last longer?

Barry Theal sometimes mixes *linseed oil* with his compounds

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Optimum Hyper Compound with SFX1 to really increase the working time of the Sonus

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information