Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys have to remember Todd is working on show and exotic cars not minivans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    You guys have to remember Todd works is working on show and exotic cars not minivans.

Maybe not minivans but a Honda Pilot is pretty close.

Indeed great info in this thread. :up

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shine
    Maybe not minivans but a Honda Pilot is pretty close.

Indeed great info in this thread. :up

Nothing against SUV`s or crossovers:getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    You guys have to remember Todd is working on show and exotic cars not minivans.

Insert smart-aleck quip about my MPV here :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking the time Todd much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a lot of people use Ultrafina and Menzerna to "jewel". Curious if there are any other products out there that people have had good results with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kty100
    I know a lot of people use Ultrafina and Menzerna to "jewel". Curious if there are any other products out there that people have had good results with.

I use 1Z stuff. Their High Gloss with very soft finishing pads, the older version of their MP with most any finishing pad, and their WaxPolishSoft. Note that the last two leave some stuff behind, so I make sure all the correction is *done* before I switch to those products lest I have some surprises show up later.

The point is to use products (i.e, pad/prodict combos) that are just *barely* functionally abrasive. You need a tiny bit of cut but not what`s usually considered enough for real correction. I bet you could even do some good with Meg`s #9 and such stuff (which is what we used back in the day on ss paint with good results). WAY back we used Meg`s #7 on terry cloth when finishing soft lacquer- any cut came from the terry and the #7 provided lubrication/etc. It worked better than you`d think!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    I use 1Z stuff. Their High Gloss with very soft finishing pads, the older version of their MP with most any finishing pad, and their WaxPolishSoft. Note that the last two leave some stuff behind, so I make sure all the correction is *done* before I switch to those products lest I have some surprises show up later.

The point is to use products (i.e, pad/prodict combos) that are just *barely* functionally abrasive. You need a tiny bit of cut but not what`s usually considered enough for real correction. I bet you could even do some good with Meg`s #9 and such stuff (which is what we used back in the day on ss paint with good results). WAY back we used Meg`s #7 on terry cloth when finishing soft lacquer- any cut came from the terry and the #7 provided lubrication/etc. It worked better than you`d think!

Thanks for the advice. I`m probably going to be getting some 4" pads for my PC and I`m curious to see what kind of results I can get. I know there`s no substitute for a rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    kty100- For jeweling via PC with 4" pads, I`d absolutely use very soft pads. IMO the PC isn`t the best machine for this as it just doesn`t always give the same rotary-like final finishes that other RO/DAs like the Cyclo can produce. Not really a problem for *me*, but it could be an issue on very soft paints.

Get all the correction done, and things as nice as they`ve ever been, before you move on to the jeweling/burnishing step.

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd`s post was absolutely amazing. Just wow....wow! And the vids are outstanding as well.

Todd, I`ve loved reading your posts, but let`s get real - this site can`t afford to lose a good Cubs fan.
    Cogito Ergo Idiot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom
    Todd`s post was absolutely amazing. Just wow....wow! And the vids are outstanding as well.

Todd, I`ve loved reading your posts, but let`s get real - this site can`t afford to lose a good Cubs fan.

Yup, for sure. I would love to see some more buffing videos from Todd. I learn something everytime he posts, and from every video of his I`ve seen.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    we can call this in the history books.

:goodjob

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes people! Todd Holmes (TH0001) very first post.

We salute you.:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by juliom2
    Yes people! Todd Holmes (TH0001) very first post.

We salute you.:up

ah no it`s not!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information