Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Holden just go with the Makita man... I`ve tried the Vector, Dewalt, Hitachi and Makita so far... Dewalt`s heavy, vector is good but idk how reliable (I use it for drying pads in the laundry for now and keep it as back-up) and Hitachi is pretty good as well, especially with the warranty... I like the Makita over all of these as it`s always working perfect with no problems, and I actually like that it`s a bit heavier than the Hitachi...

Also, I work it for 3-4 hours straight in 90-95 degree weather with 85-95% Chicago humidity (the worst humidity haha) and the head never gets hot to the touch.. gets pretty warm, but no sign of slowing down, over heating, etc.

If Makita is too heavy, I vote for the Hitachi. Best of luck with everything man, you seem like you need it
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting more comfortable with the Dewalt. It`s a seriously heavy duty machine. I wish it went down to 600 rpm like the Makita, though. The trigger is a little imprecise to get a consistently low speed.

YouTube - Machine Polishing with Foamed Wool

Post Thanks / Like
    What?? You`ve had the Flex for what? Two months? And it`s already broken down?

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04
    Smoke poured out of the Flex today while polishing up the 330.

I went and purchased a Dewalt DW849 because it was locally available and I could return it any time I wished. I don`t like it. It`s too heavy. For some reason, I get holograms with the Dewalt that I didn`t get with the Flex, even with same pads, polishes, speed settings, and paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    What?? You`ve had the Flex for what? Two months? And it`s already broken down?

Interesting.

Less. Much less. We`ll see when I get a new one. Yet to hear from Flex. Phil said she might not be able to get back to me `til Monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks, man.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! That stinks man! I might buy the metebo. I dont really have a prob with no trigger. I have the makita now but after a year i think i got the gears wet or somethign and it squeeks like crazy. I know i know... im picky though haha.

It would be good to have a backup though. Who knows i might go after another makita.
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting more comfortable with the Dewalt. It`s a seriously heavy duty machine. I wish it went down to 600 rpm like the Makita, though. The trigger is a little imprecise to get a consistently low speed.

YouTube - Machine Polishing with Foamed Wool
    I dunno, it just doesn`t look as professional as the Flex :bolt

On a more serious note I wouldn`t write off the Flex because of this one failure. Yeah, it sucks because it happened to you, but you can do a search and find a failure on any rotary made. I`d start getting concerned if your replacements started going south too.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had my DeWalt just over 8 years now and it`s still going strong. Of course I detail my tools just like any car, keep it clean and well maintained. I hear so much about the Flex problems since it was introduced, but hardly any on the DeWalt. The DeWalt is definitely a professionals tool. I wouldn`t trade mine in for anything else.
    If you do not change what your doing today, tomorrow will be no different.

Post Thanks / Like
    instead of complaining how heavy a small machine like this is ... go join a gym

:grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    instead of complaining how heavy a small machine like this is ... go join a gym

:grinno:

No problems there.

Post Thanks / Like
    We had the Makita at work when I started, but they were on their last legs unfortunately, but while they worked it was an amazing machine. The over the top handle was perfect for me, plus the light weight was great. Now we have a pair of Dewalts which are good machines, definitely tanks when compared to the Makita. How ever, one of the Dewalts is now clicking inside and has an even louder higher pitched whine after only a month of use. Must be a lemon. I prefer the Makita, lower starting RPM, quieter, lighter and that handle is awesome. On that note, the Flex looks very nice as well

Post Thanks / Like
    I just replaced the carbon brushes on my Makita (was clicking, easy fix), that`s the only maintenance I`ve ever done to it and it`s still going strong. I use it 8+ hours *every* day from March through October, it`s got to have over 10,000 hours on it... I know everyone`s experience is different but this thing epitomizes work horse for me.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    On a more serious note I wouldn`t write off the Flex because of this one failure. Yeah, it sucks because it happened to you, but you can do a search and find a failure on any rotary made. I`d start getting concerned if your replacements started going south too.

I`ve decided I will not be using the Flex polisher anymore. When Flex sends me a new one, I will be selling it. It`s not worth the risk to me, as a professional, to use a machine that`s unreliable. End of story. :tribe:

If anyone would like to buy it, feel free to PM. Keep in mind it will be a fully functional, new unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll give you $50 plus shipping. :xyxthumbs

I`ve decided I will not be using the Flex polisher anymore. When Flex sends me a new one, I will be selling it. It`s not worth the risk to me, as a professional, to use a machine that`s unreliable. End of story. :tribe:

If anyone would like to buy it, feel free to PM. Keep in mind it will be a fully functional, new unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    So Holden, does that mean you are now working with a makita, or dewalt?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information