Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love it. It`s absolutely outstanding. It`s everything a rotary could be. I don`t know why anyone would use anything else (and that includes the Makita). It`s wonderful to polish side panels because of it`s light weight, lacks nothing for power, and feels and looks like a quality unit. It presents a more professional image than a Makita, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, I`m really liking my 3403, too.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04
    I love it. It`s absolutely outstanding. It`s everything a rotary could be. I don`t know why anyone would use anything else (and that includes the Makita). It`s wonderful to polish side panels because of it`s light weight, lacks nothing for power, and feels and looks like a quality unit. It presents a more professional image than a Makita, too.

Being a German engineering nut myself, I could see the benefits of this rotary, and if funds ever allow it, I`ll purchase one to go along with my Makita (considering it gets great reviews in the future as it`s been getting lately), but you can`t just knock the Makita like that, especially without even using it... I can safely say the majority of quality detailers use the Makita and it`s simply a perfect workhorse... I have yet to hear of an issue with it and some have been using it for many many years. So while I`m glad you found your perfect match, try both and compare them before labeling it as the be all end all rotary for detailing.

Oh and how does it present a more professional image? Because it`s red?
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said, lecchilo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo
    ............Oh and how does it present a more professional image? Because it`s red?
    LOL, yeah somebody better tell Paul Daulton about that image thing:

YouTube - bugatti veyron and miracle detail in kuwait
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Being a German engineering nut myself, I could see the benefits of this rotary, and if funds ever allow it, I`ll purchase one to go along with my Makita (considering it gets great reviews in the future as it`s been getting lately), but you can`t just knock the Makita like that, especially without even using it... I can safely say the majority of quality detailers use the Makita and it`s simply a perfect workhorse... I have yet to hear of an issue with it and some have been using it for many many years. So while I`m glad you found your perfect match, try both and compare them before labeling it as the be all end all rotary for detailing.

Oh and how does it present a more professional image? Because it`s red?

I have tried both. The Makita was the first rotary I used. I like the Makita and it`s my second choice for a rotary. It would be great to do a side-by-side comparison, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    LOL, yeah somebody better tell Paul Daulton about that image thing:

YouTube - bugatti veyron and miracle detail in kuwait

Yea, he`s so unprofessional haha

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04
    I have tried both. The Makita was the first rotary I used. I like the Makita and it`s my second choice for a rotary. It would be great to do a side-by-side comparison, though.

I`d like to see that as well, but I doubt there`s much to compare other than weight and I think Flex is 1.5-2lbs lighter, correct? Maybe in the long run see how it performs and what maintenance it needs (knowing BMWs very well I want to stay as far away as Flex as possible haha... as much as I like detailing, it`s not comparable to riding an M3).

How does the noise compare? What`s the lowest speed setting on the 3403?
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like my Dewalt 849. Seriously heavy duty machine and you get used to the weight very quickly.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    How does the noise compare? What`s the lowest speed setting on the 3403?

I can`t compare the noise because it`s been a while since I used the Makita. I`d need one to compare. The lowest speed setting on the Flex is around 1000 and you can use the trigger to get a lower rpm as well, unlike some others.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that the stock backing plate that comes with the Flex?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Flex didn`t come with a BP. It does look alot like the BP that came with the Porter Cable rotary, though.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    Is that the stock backing plate that comes with the Flex?

No, I picked this up at Canadian Tire. There`s a story behind the behind the backing plate, actually. I didn`t realize I would require a new one as my old 5.5" would not work. So, embarking on an adventure I checked out the local auto parts supply houses. NAPA did not carry anything! I had to order one at an outrageous price. So, I checked out another one called Carquest. The guy at the counter dealt with auto parts mostly and didn`t really have the first clue when it came to anything involving paint. So, we spent an hour flipping through catalogs trying not to fall asleep. I didn`t feel like I was getting anywhere so I headed to one Canadian Tire. Nothing! They had for sale a Dewalt 849, Wen 2-Speed Rotary (under the Simoniz name) and the Porter Cable 7424 but not a backing plate in site. I don`t really know how they expected people to use their new rotaries. So, I tried another Canadian Tire closer to home. They had all the same things except they were also selling a Porter Cable 7428 (I thought they were gone?). I checked out the paint racks and it just so happened that they had a replacement backing plate for the PC 7428 and it would fit (not as well as I would like but it works) the new Flex 3403.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    It does look alot like the BP that came with the Porter Cable rotary, though.

Good eye. :goodjob

Post Thanks / Like
    Smoke poured out of the Flex today while polishing up the 330.

I went and purchased a Dewalt DW849 because it was locally available and I could return it any time I wished. I don`t like it. It`s too heavy. For some reason, I get holograms with the Dewalt that I didn`t get with the Flex, even with same pads, polishes, speed settings, and paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have the hitachi and have had no problems, but i`ve only used it once lol. i hope i dont have problems with it. at setting 1, 600 rpm`s it works great. leave nice sharp finish and no holograms, save the ones left by residual material. but after a wipe, it was good.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information