Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darn it, I hate it when I`m wrong (you`d think I`d be used to it after 15 years of marriage...). Anyway, according to Welcome to FLEX North America

"Max polishing pad diameter 6-1/2" "

I swear that wasn`t there when I was trying to decide what buffer to buy. Honestly, I think they`re being overly conservative. The 3403 feels like it has all the power of the Makita.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Darn it, I hate it when I`m wrong (you`d think I`d be used to it after 15 years of marriage...). Anyway, according to Welcome to FLEX North America

"Max polishing pad diameter 6-1/2" "

I swear that wasn`t there when I was trying to decide what buffer to buy. Honestly, I think they`re being overly conservative. The 3403 feels like it has all the power of the Makita.

Oh well. I guess that means that pads are cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update:

Bosch GPO12E is unavailable in Canada or USA. The cost in UK pounds is astronomical (2-3x than others).

Festool is unavailable in North America. It is a little on the heavy side and little information is available. Cost is also astronomical ($661 AUD).

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m only familiar with one of the machines you posted in your product list so, my take is very limited......

I`ve had a Makita 9227C for a couple of years and it`s been exceptional in what I was looking for. The trigger control was a must for me also and this machine is great in that aspect. It`s a strong solid unit that works for hours on end and has given me zero problems up to this point.....

I have other Makita products (cordless drill, and saw) and know their history of good job performance and reliability.....

There are many options available today, good luck with your choice.......:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1
    I`m only familiar with one of the machines you posted in your product list so, my take is very limited......

I`ve had a Makita 9227C for a couple of years and it`s been exceptional in what I was looking for. The trigger control was a must for me also and this machine is great in that aspect. It`s a strong solid unit that works for hours on end and has given me zero problems up to this point.....

I have other Makita products (cordless drill, and saw) and know their history of good job performance and reliability.....

There are many options available today, good luck with your choice.......:xyxthumbs

It`s hard to go wrong with the Makita, that`s for sure. Thanks. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    After using a makita 9227, I wouldn`t consider anything else. For me, the price is good ($219 online rona.ca), it`s not TOO heavy (well it is when you`re new with it, but you get used to it and can use it with 1 hand when a new guy tells you it`s heavy). Lots of power, nice 600rpm low speed, it`s quiet. We also have a Dewalt at work and it`s as loud as an air hammer! I find it very comfortable and the speed control is very precise, doesn`t bog down, easy to change speeds with your thumb...and a trigger lock!

I absolutely love mine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Invigor
    After using a makita 9227, I wouldn`t consider anything else. For me, the price is good ($219 online rona.ca), it`s not TOO heavy (well it is when you`re new with it, but you get used to it and can use it with 1 hand when a new guy tells you it`s heavy). Lots of power, nice 600rpm low speed, it`s quiet. We also have a Dewalt at work and it`s as loud as an air hammer! I find it very comfortable and the speed control is very precise, doesn`t bog down, easy to change speeds with your thumb...and a trigger lock!

I absolutely love mine!

I completely agree. The Makita is an excellent choice and I can`t go wrong with it. But...I dunno, I just want something with more oomph. I would like something with presence.

I also appreciate light weight, German engineering, and a powerful motor. The Flex 3403 is that:

With some of the positive comments about the transmission problems of the Flex and the high cost of other German alternatives, the Flex is currently tops for me. The Flex 3403 VRG is currently $209.99 at Powerhouse Tools. :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    I like every Makita tool I own and would not heitate to buy one. The only reason I got the Hitachi was price and avalibilty at the time. I haven`t had a problem with it yet, but I would if I did I would look to Makita.
    :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    I just picked up my makita at Coastal Tool, who seem to have really good prices. The 9227c is selling for $169. Here`s a link to all the polishers they carry: Coastal Tool
    ~Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Makita 9227 works great for me. I love their unique wrap around bail handle. No other polisher can compare to that. I use it all the time during polishing. Plus, don`t forget about the spindle lock built into the polisher that makes changing backing plates super easy.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    at detailersdomain.com they are offering free shipping on the flex and also 15

percent off which brings it to 203 shipped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holden_C04, what did you decide to get?
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    What about the Dynabrade?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Mother...Bosch makes a rotary!!! I`m sending a note to Bosch USA to see if there are any plans to bring it to the states.:hairpull

Edit: Just sent them a note.
    Club FLEX X 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, by your own standards you ruled out all the machines you listed except for the makita. So I would suggest.........

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information