Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone

This week has been R&D time in the Dream Factory and I decided to see how good my product was on these unpainted B Pillar materials

Switched from foam to foamed wool for step 1 of the 3 step non polymer system

Turns them to an almost 100% realistic glass like reflection and permanently

Redid my fibreglass unpainted spoiler again, trying to get more black out from underneath and remove the bubbly foggy finish

Foam only went so far so meg`s cut n shine white wool did the trick with step 1 and foam finished off

Don`t worry, the system is non abrasive, it chemically deep cleans all the coating from bottom to top and then polishes and glazes the hell out of them.

The trick with polishing unpainted moldings is to polish them by machine in the way you would polish metals - move machine from right to left to cut (or deep clean in this case) and left to right to polish

The reason for posting this is to show what can be done these days with the right technique and when going away from polymer, acrylic, silicone, wax or teflon systems

Polishing the Pillars/ Trim Dream strikes again
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    So if they are not painted, what is that, some sort of vinyl wrap?

Post Thanks / Like
    the trims on australia`s cars are urethane I think, some sort of composite materials too (fibreglass injected resin for instance)

Post Thanks / Like
    YouTube - Polishing the Pillars

I wouldn`t be too sure about the statement "no cut." Although the product may have no cut, the friction from the pad, especially how the host of this video polishes at such aggressive angles at speed, would most definitely create enough heat to slowly remove material. Although quite minimal, it could be quite noticeable. Even more so with whatever additives are in that product.

Cool though, I`ve seriously got to do that on my E34!
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    Normally I am being very smooth with the trims that I work on, it has only been in the last few days that I have begun using wool, though not on the B Pillars, on my spoiler

Unfortunately as seen in that video, I stuffed up. It is usually dead flat on the surface and perfectly centred but looks like I didn`t focus my attention enough and created some angles

The system puts a rock hard permanent sealant coating on top of them so once they are done, you never have to do them again. A forever deal.

So it is not like I`m doing that to them every six months or year

Post Thanks / Like
    that looks fantastic SVR!

any chance of you shipping this product internationally?

if the results are truly permanent, I think it`s very worth it as B-pillars with that material can get oxidized over the years with neglect, and it`s hard for a dressing to restore them nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbonezken
    that looks fantastic SVR!

any chance of you shipping this product internationally?

if the results are truly permanent, I think it`s very worth it as B-pillars with that material can get oxidized over the years with neglect, and it`s hard for a dressing to restore them nicely.

2nd that!! i want some!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVR
    Normally I am being very smooth with the trims that I work on, it has only been in the last few days that I have begun using wool, though not on the B Pillars, on my spoiler

Unfortunately as seen in that video, I stuffed up. It is usually dead flat on the surface and perfectly centred but looks like I didn`t focus my attention enough and created some angles

The system puts a rock hard permanent sealant coating on top of them so once they are done, you never have to do them again. A forever deal.

So it is not like I`m doing that to them every six months or year

Really? :chuckle: Looks quite intentional to me. Those were some huge angles you worked in there, ha.

Yes, I`d imagine with the right product, it would stay fairly well. As stated before though, it`s definitely "polishing" in the true sense of the word, leveling the surface at a mcroscopic level.

Regardless,

Looks great!
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVR
    Hey everyone

This week has been R&D time in the Dream Factory and I decided to see how good my product (emphasis mine --Tort) was on these unpainted B Pillar materials

Switched from foam to foamed wool for step 1 of the 3 step non polymer system
    How, exactly, is this not shilling? For your own product, no less . . . AND, you`ve been warned once before. Perhaps you should take a week to think about it.

:beware

Tort

(moderator)

Post Thanks / Like
    what the heck is Trim Dream?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by texasKA
    what the heck is Trim Dream?

Its "his" polishing system for for trim that he pretty much shills on every board he can.

I`m not knocking the product/idea but his tactics are shameful IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure the reason wool works better is because it is more "abrasive" than foam, so the polishing works better. I can`t see why you couldn`t simply use regular polishes for this? If you wan`t something without abrasives KAIO on wool followed by foam would probably work well, and would seal the surface too. I might be wrong, but I fail to see why this "system" is anything special :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont get it...if others are posting about good results with a certain product and he posts results about a certain product, why is that bad...

how do you know I dont work for meguiars, menzerna, etc when I post a lot about those products and how I love them...

also, how else are people supposed to know about his new product/technique? I personally thing its going to be a good thing/process to really improve the appearance of a car. So if it were just a technique, then it would be ok? but because he has a polish that he uses then its not?

Not taking sides, just wondering...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    how do you know I dont work for meguiars, menzerna, etc when I post a lot about those products and how I love them...
    If you did have a financial interest in those companies (company rep, distributor, vendor, etc.), and the moderating staff found out, you`d be banned.

This (from our mayor, David sums it up best:

What is commercial solicitation/spamming?

If you post We/our/my company has... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my product is... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my customers`... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my will be announcing... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my test results for our... you are spamming!

If you post We/our/my can make or supply that... you are spamming!

If you or your company would like to have your unaffiliated customers talk about your product, business practice or services, they are welcome to do so. However, as a commercial vendor with a sales intent, you are not.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for clearing it up...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information