Post Thanks / Like
    I have some new LC CCS pads and after one they`re sort of fraying around the edges. Is this normal? Is it still okay to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jw
    I have some new LC CCS pads and after one they`re sort of fraying around the edges. Is this normal? Is it still okay to use?
    It`s probably ok to use, is it normal, no. You should contact the vendor, maybe a bad batch. Been using LC ccs pads for a long time with no problems. I have 6" pads, but been using only 5.5" with a pc lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 5.5" orange and yellow LC CCS pads are frayed/chewed up like crazy, I really need to replace them at this point, but my white ones are fine. The white ones see more use, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 4" LC CCS yellow is starting to fall apart as well. I have used it less than any other pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    mine are doing that too... i`ll get new pads when i get a rotary.
    JC-Detail

:getdown

AJ Auto Detail, LLC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa3346
    My 5.5" orange and yellow LC CCS pads are frayed/chewed up like crazy, I really need to replace them at this point, but my white ones are fine. The white ones see more use, too.

mine too, i got mined from AG
    AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of my orange pads fray a little and lost some small chunks of foam but I was using them alot and did accidently hit some sharp edges like the license plate and other edges so I guess some of it was kind of my fault.

The black velcro pad was seperating from the orange foam pad which was pretty disappointing. It could have been from a stronger antibacterial soap I used to clean them one time and soak in hot water that caused the glue to fail but who knows. I did use some super glue and glued the foam back to the velcro pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the same problem with the CCS`s. Mostly with the 5.5" Yellow and Gray. Bought mine from Danase. They really seam to break down after a few hours from the heat and high speed of my UDM. I have seen chunks breaking off and Velcro separation. They have corrected well for me but I am thinking about switching to some non-CCS pads. Anyone have any suggestions for 5" flat pads on my UDM?

-Frank
    Wahoo!! I have a UDM!!!

My car: `02 Civic EX 4DR Burgundy Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VTechFan02
    I have had the same problem with the CCS`s. Mostly with the 5.5" Yellow and Gray. Bought mine from Danase. They really seam to break down after a few hours from the heat and high speed of my UDM. I have seen chunks breaking off and Velcro separation. They have corrected well for me but I am thinking about switching to some non-CCS pads. Anyone have any suggestions for 5" flat pads on my UDM?

-Frank

I personally like the LC Flat pads over the CCS pads. I`ve used the Green LC Heavy Polishing pad and leaves swirls unlike using the LC Flat White pad using the same polish and speed on my rotary.

Grabby
    Perfection isn`t innate. It`s hardwork.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you like to get your flat LC`s Grabby?
    Wahoo!! I have a UDM!!!

My car: `02 Civic EX 4DR Burgundy Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I live far away here in the Philippines so I have a local distributor where I can get them at. I think Autogeek has them or you can try calling Lake Country themselves, maybe they can fit an order for you or something.

Sorry I`m not much help in this department.

Grabby
    Perfection isn`t innate. It`s hardwork.

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailed Image sells the flat ones but only in a 6.5 inch size I believe. I highly recommend them though, George is a great guy to deal with.

Thread Information