Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    If I get the foamed purple wool everyone seems to like I will need the backplate. With the black foam CCS I was thinking it would work good with 85RD if I wanted to take the time to "jewel" the paint. Certainly not a must, though. Decisions, decisions. I probably don`t need six of the purple either, but the cost/pad drops a tempting amount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shine
    If I get the foamed purple wool everyone seems to like I will need the backplate. With the black foam CCS I was thinking it would work good with 85RD if I wanted to take the time to "jewel" the paint. Certainly not a must, though. Decisions, decisions. I probably don`t need six of the purple either, but the cost/pad drops a tempting amount.

You could just as easily jewel/burnish the paint with a blue or white foam edge pad. But since you are getting a backing plate you have the option to do both or either.

:bounce

I`ve got a foamed wool I want to try out too. too many nifty toys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    Also the Ultra Fine white wool is a bit more costly (per the folks at edge). Not sure how much more AG charges for it.

Don`t forget to factor in shipping. With your Makita/AutoGeek combo you`ll pay 10 to ship the makita from Coastaltool and another 15+ to ship the stuff from Autogeek. Where as with your A.G order alone, you`ll spend just the shipping on autogeek.

It still comes out close though.

*Edit: I can`t believe A.G sells two 6" Wool edge pads for 19.99. I just paid 17.50 a pop from Edge since A.G was out of green when I wanted it all last week.

Ho hum. Oh well.

I think that`s the price for one pad that is double-sided.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    I think that`s the price for one pad that is double-sided.

No go check it out man. That`s what I thought at first too. (From shine`s spredsheet)

The Edge 2000 6 Inch Wool Buffing Pads

Add two of the same color to your cart, it gives them a 9.99 price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy smokes, they`re selling two double-sided pads for twenty bucks??? Oh great, the wife`s gonna shoot me (again).

I don`t see the white finishing wool on there for that price... which isn`t surprising, since the six inch white wool is never on that page. I wonder if you call them and ask for that price on the finishing wool if they`d do it. My finishing wool is almost worn out.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Now you see why I feel jipped? :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TTWAGN
    Anyone have an answer to this??

Doh, sorry man, I missed that post.

You can vary the speed of the 3403 by varying the trigger pressure. So even though 1100 is listed as the slowest RPM, that`s not really true...it varies from zero to 1100 depending on how far you squeeze the trigger. I use this feature to spread polishes evenly before stepping up the speed.

As far as pad size is concerned, it is said that you should stay with pads smaller than 8". I have to admit, I haven`t seen that anywhere in the owner`s manual, but then again I haven`t read it. I mostly use six inch pads anyway, so it doesn`t really effect me. The thing seems to have plenty of power, though, I can`t imagine that running 8 inchers would hurt anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    Now you see why I feel jipped? :lol

Yeah, I sure do... so you were able to contact Edge and get the pads directly from them? I`m thinking of doing this to get more white finishing wool pads. People that have called AG lately trying to get the finishing wool in six inch size haven`t had much success. Apparently, there`s only a few employees at AG that know how to get the six inch white finishing wool pads for customers. I`d rather just do an end-run around the confusion and get them straight from Edge even if it costs a bit more.

Heyas, Shine, your pad choices look excellent to me, for both the Flex DA and the rotary. But I do agree with Rob Tomlin; getting the Flex will be re-hashing old ground for you since you alread have the UDM. Get yourself the Makita and the pads you have listed. Using all the information available here (and other places) will have you making that rotary sing in no time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I sure do... so you were able to contact Edge and get the pads directly from them? I`m thinking of doing this to get more white finishing wool pads. People that have called AG lately trying to get the finishing wool in six inch size haven`t had much success. Apparently, there`s only a few employees at AG that know how to get the six inch white finishing wool pads for customers. I`d rather just do an end-run around the confusion and get them straight from Edge even if it costs a bit more.

Yep. AG was out of the green last week so I just got on edgepadsonline.com and ordered direct. Had I seen that deal last week I might have held out in hopes of getting the yellow/green and blue for that price (19.99 per two) since I didn`t order black no big deal. I ordered one ultra fine white from them too.. sure feels nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent... think I`ll do that right now, thanks for the web site!

You know, I think that they might have changed the composition of the white finishing wool pads since I last bought some. After reading your comment and seeing the latest pictures of them, I`m just about convinced that they have. The look much fluffier and softer than the pads I have. Then again, mine have seen some serious use. I might just be used to how my mostly worn out pads look and feel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent... think I`ll do that right now, thanks for the web site!

You know, I think that they might have changed the composition of the white finishing wool pads since I last bought some. After reading your comment and seeing the latest pictures of them, I`m just about convinced that they have. The look much fluffier and softer than the pads I have. Then again, mine have seen some serious use. I might just be used to how my mostly worn out pads look and feel.

When I pulled the white pad out and compared it to a blue pad there`s no contest on thickness. The blue pad is probably twice as thick but it`s not nearly as soft.

:nixweiss

I`m still pumped to use the system, just a hair beefed about the pricing. If it`s just a promotion at AG right now it`s no big deal since Edge`s prices and AG`s aren`t far off when priced normally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, understandable. I noticed on AG`s site that they`re having a special on the eight inch pads, too. Really good prices... on everything *but* the white finishing wool.

I ordered two more six inch white finishing wool pads from edgepadsonline.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, understandable. I noticed on AG`s site that they`re having a special on the eight inch pads, too. Really good prices... on everything *but* the white finishing wool.

I ordered two more six inch white finishing wool pads from edgepadsonline.com

I think the 8" Black doesn`t get that `two fer` deal either. Atleast when I looked earlier?

Glad you got those white finishing from their .com. I hounded Eric and JOhn for a week to get them on the e-commerce store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, you`re right...

Still can`t believe the prices on the six inch pads. That`s just about half off the normal price. Hopefully everyone that`s looking to buy Edge wool pads will see their sale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, you`re right...

Still can`t believe the prices on the six inch pads. That`s just about half off the normal price. Hopefully everyone that`s looking to buy Edge wool pads will see their sale.

I noticed it yesterday when looking at the Edge pads. For me it isn`t a big deal, because I really don`t need the equivalent of 4 pads of each type for what I do.

I think it is a smart move on AG`s part to try and get the hobbiest to pay a few extra buck to get the additional dual sided pad. Considering how cheap it is (only $3 more) I would still do it, because it simply doesn`t make sense not to. Hell, you could sell em here or on ebay for more than the $3!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information