Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rydawg...go to Burlington auto parts...they still had some of the old P-III stuff there the last time i was there when I visited my mother...I bought 2 bottles of the 05933 and 05937 there....save me some...lol..if they have any left....I will be going there in a week or so....

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you had such a bad experience with it Ryan. From several people I have spoken with you are not the only one who feels this product is a HUGE step backwards from Extra Cut...

No biggie for me, even if they stop making Extra Cut because I am really enjoying the new Meg`s compounds...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to pick up some EC today, and I want to make sure I pick up the exact item....Is the correct part #06060??

I`m almost POSITIVE that it is, but I want to be sure.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the 06062. Works well by PC with a 4 inch pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    Rydawg...go to Burlington auto parts...they still had some of the old P-III stuff there the last time i was there when I visited my mother...I bought 2 bottles of the 05933 and 05937 there....save me some...lol..if they have any left....I will be going there in a week or so....

AL

I am 1/4 mile from Burlington Auto Parts on the left. Let me know when you are in the area.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    I have tried the new 3M compound #06085 and it is the worst compound I have ever tried. It reminds me of something that was made in the early 80`s. I had a very hard time washing it out of my pad.

There chemist has no clue at all in what paint correction truely is and needs to reformulate the new compound. I have no clue who they had test it, but they need to be fired!!!!

I am really bummed out with the new compound and thank god I did not have to buy it.

If I had to rate this product (06085), I would rate it one of the worst compounds I have ever tried.

Ryan`s actually being nice. I mirror his efforts into trying to justify this product as an improvement to Extra Cut., but their is no hope. I`m frightened to see how body shops will take in this product as the improved version of Extra Cut and be left :think::grrr:har: :down:shocked:hairpull
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    I have tried the new 3M compound #06085 and it is the worst compound I have ever tried. It reminds me of something that was made in the early 80`s. I had a very hard time washing it out of my pad.

There chemist has no clue at all in what paint correction truely is and needs to reformulate the new compound. I have no clue who they had test it, but they need to be fired!!!!

They have all new products this year.

The Swirl remover polish is a tad better than the old, but still nothing special.

Ultrafina is no longer Ultrafina, it is now called Ultrafine polish. I was told it was untouched and is still the same just with a new name.

I am really bummed out with the new compound and thank god I did not have to buy it.

If I had to rate this product (06085), I would rate it one of the worst compounds I have ever tried in 18 years.

So it is now "Ultrafine"? Is this everywhere? Looks like i am going to have to buy mine from the UK.

I just got my 1st quart of ultrafina like 3 days ago. I LOVE IT! It is amazing!
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.

I just went over to my local CarQuest this morning to pick up some Extra Cut and Ultrafina, and I ran into a bit of an issue. There were two different bottles of Extra Cut with two different product number. One was listed as #06060 and the other was listed as (And I may be wrong...Should`ve written it down) #05963. Is this simply the older number for EC? #05963 had 3M Perfect-IT III 3000 Extra Cut Rubbing Compound on it and #06060 has 3M Perfect-IT 3000 Extra Cut Rubbing Compound....the only difference being the lack of the "III" on my bottle (#06060).

I just want to make sure these are the exact same products.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    I`m going to pick up some EC today, and I want to make sure I pick up the exact item....Is the correct part #06060??

I`m almost POSITIVE that it is, but I want to be sure.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect it 3 is the older version. The 3000 series is the newer version.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that was the case, by the one I bought had the higher chronological number. I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks, Fbody.

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Perfect it 3 is the older version. The 3000 series is the newer version.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Ryan`s actually being nice. I mirror his efforts into trying to justify this product as an improvement to Extra Cut., but their is no hope. I`m frightened to see how body shops will take in this product as the improved version of Extra Cut and be left :think::grrr:har: :down:shocked:hairpull

I am trying to be nice about it:grinno: But you should have seen how far I flung that bottle across the parking lot.

Turtle wax made a better compound back in 1980. The sad part is that I am not even kidding.:grinno:

If bodyshops like this then they are all sick in the head and clueless. I could not even imagine anyone liking this compound.

I hope they can find the issue and try to correct it.

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballlover1
    So it is now "Ultrafine"? Is this everywhere? Looks like i am going to have to buy mine from the UK.

I just got my 1st quart of ultrafina like 3 days ago. I LOVE IT! It is amazing!

It is still the same but with a new name.

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I like the 06062. Works well by PC with a 4 inch pad.

06060 and 06062 are very similar. The 06060 is the "extra cut" and tends to leave a bit more haze. Both have done a good job at cleaning up scratches, swirls, and water spots for me, and I use a PC.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wfedwar
    06060 and 06062 are very similar. The 06060 is the "extra cut" and tends to leave a bit more haze. Both have done a good job at cleaning up scratches, swirls, and water spots for me, and I use a PC.

I think they are the same basic product but EC has a higher percentage of abrasives.

Post Thanks / Like
    3m reps were in my shop this morning demonstrating the new line of products. First off, the new 6in. Trizact 1500 sandpaper is awesome. Did not load up at all and was able to sand a entire hood without any "curleys" with plenty of life left in the disc. Concerning the new compound, I was using it in replacment to 05974 Perfect it II compund. Im my expirience it cut through the 1500 sand marks very quickly and clean up was a whole lot easier. It does not surpass the extra cut but it is a great alternative to the 05974 compound

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information