Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detaildoc
    For tight places you can still go back to your UDM with the smaller pads. Getting a Flex does not mean you will never again use your UDM. The UDM and PC are still the polisher of choice for applying an LSP (if you like to do it by machine).

My PC will be reassigned to that exact role! Flex rotary (3403) for heavy work.
    K3AKE 147.555

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAG
    I feel it coming...a bunch of guys why are just getting the hang of this detail thing, just bought a Flex, but have no rotary experience are going to be upset - it`s okay, I`m thicker skinned these days and can take a bashing Just my opinion, what do I know. :nixweiss

And I just had an idea, I`m going to ask my newly found Autopian friend (who just used the Flex for the first time) to come over for another session (we were experimenting panel by panel on his lady`s Mustang, and we still have a few panels to go), only this time I`m going to put a rotary in his hands and let him decide regarding the ease of use, results, etc.

Hey Rag,

The rotary I learned on was Sioux model before the model two thousand, a real beast of a machine. I think it weighed twice as much as my 9227 and spun up with a snap. If memory serves it had a wooden handle. Speed control was on and off the trigger. So, now, having established my location as Geezerville...

I don`t use my BO6040 for correction of anything much more than light scratches, car wash type, and for swirl removal because, I think like you, the rotary is both faster and smoother when it comes to cutting.

Putting your hands on the BO6040 opposite the way you would on your high speed and then just running it the same but opposite will get you a great result.

This is one I colorsanded and detailed.

Robert

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread Information