Post Thanks / Like
    I want to start detailing with a porter cable random orbital. Can someone tell me everything I need to buy for the orbital such as pads and a backing plate in order to get started? My car is a Black 2007 4door Honda Accord.

I have some light to medium swirl marks on the car, and hand polishing tires me out and does not really help remove the swirls. As of now, my routine is a wash with Meguiars deep crystal car wash, clay, Meguiar`s regular polish, and Meguiar`s NXT Tech Wax.

I know the regular polish does not have any cut. Therefore, can someone also recommend a polish for use with the porter cable that can remove or lessen the swirl marks?

Does anyone of a store where I can purchase the porter cable, specifically the Los Angeles area?

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well sir here is what i would suggest....

5 Orange LC pads

3 Green LC pads

1 Blue Lake Country Pad

I personally like the Poorboy`s Line of Polishes..i usually have no problems removing swirls with SSR2.5 followed by Meguiar`s #80...the 2.5 on an orange pad and the 80 on a green pad...then i use a blue pad to put my sealant on..and LSP by hand

Check out autogeek or here because there are some great prices on packages that come with some pads.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll second what jordanrossbell said. I would certainly check out the shopping section on this site. I bought my UDM with pads and backing plate from here and have had no problems with it - though I have only used it a handful of times. I would also suggest several roles of painter`s tape to cover you panel seams (dust will get everywhere). And since you have used several Meguiar`s products, maybe start with something from their professional line of polishes. Others on the board can probably recommend some good ones to start with. And as always, you can always polish with a more aggressive polish if needed, but start out slow and monitor your progress. Hope this helps!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get some white LC polishing pads.

Thread Information