Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Between this Flex 3401VRG and the Festool RO 150FEQ are the Porsche/Mercedes Benz of polishing equipment.

My painter has a Festool sander with vacuum and was sanding our sheetrock ceiling. He was wearing a red shirt, and you could not see any dust on his shirt! I was impressed as all hell. Felt the sander and it feels very balanced. Now this is a sander, not a polisher I was checking out. DOn`t know the model, but remember the black/green on the tools along with the cases. Very nice equipment indeed!

The Flex is a true RO type tool. I know another shop that has one and I really liked it. It`s just size that was the question of need. Perfect for doing both a cutting then breakdown to polishing (do I hear Menzerna?) on one tool!

The Festool size would be a good replacement for a PC .

Here`s the link to the manual in PDF:http://www.festoolusa.com/supplyimages/TM_RO150FEQ.pdf

Those that have the Flex, you`ll love the way it polishes, it just the size that`s a bit too much for some users, but for those not wanting to go full rotary, this is the best tool you can get!

As I said, these are the Porsche/Mercedes-Benz of polishers!!

Me? I still use the Makita as it`s banged around, dropped, and used often. I think these others may or may not take the abuse, time will tell. I`d hate to get the Flex or Festool dirty they look so nice!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kster
    Anyone know which backing plate is coming with this shipment? Is it the older red one?

Get the black. I hear from someone the black plates are better.

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouse
    that is where i know you from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

small internet world.
    Oh yeah, I`m ALL OVER the internet. I frequent: Autopia, Autogeek Online, Detail University, Detail City, Meguiar`s Online, Show Car Detailing, Detailing World, S2KI.com, and G35Driver.com.

I even have an account over at Detailer`s Club. I just don`t use it. :chuckle:

You can also find me at Club Stogie, a cigar smoker`s forum. I`ve seen CalgaryDetail over there.

Post Thanks / Like
    detailers domain only has 4 left now
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Called Powerhouse and they won`t have any till January. I put my name on the list.

Ben told me there were supposed to be 50 shipped by air around Thanksgiving and they still haven`t received them. Also, he said that there would be hundreds in the supply chain sometime in January. Flex was overwhelmed by the popularity and wasn`t prepared!::hairpull

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselMDX
    detailers domain only has 4 left now
    3 left now.

Phil at detailersdomain is awesome. I would recommend to get it from him. Top notch customer service and he answers my eamils at 2 and 3 am. lol

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetset4me
    Called Powerhouse and they won`t have any till January. I put my name on the list.

Ben told me there were supposed to be 50 shipped by air around Thanksgiving and they still haven`t received them. Also, he said that there would be hundreds in the supply chain sometime in January. Flex was overwhelmed by the popularity and wasn`t prepared!::hairpull
    Why would you put yourself on a wait list when you could call Phil at Detailer`s Domain and have it on your doorstep within a week?

Anyone know if Detailed Image still has any? It would be nice if we could point people who want one to places that still have them in stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    Oh yeah, I`m ALL OVER the internet. I frequent: Autopia, Autogeek Online, Detail University, Detail City, Meguiar`s Online, Show Car Detailing, Detailing World, S2KI.com, and G35Driver.com.

I even have an account over at Detailer`s Club. I just don`t use it. :chuckle:

You can also find me at Club Stogie, a cigar smoker`s forum. I`ve seen CalgaryDetail over there.

Small world Mike. I have been a member over at Club Stogie for over 3 years. Glad to see I`m not the only BB junkie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Add me in, just placed my order with Detailers Domain- Phil is awesome to work with!

Steve
    1995 Porsche 968 Cab Speed Yellow
    A-Z Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI I put myself on the list because I will be thousands of miles away from home for the next three weeks and the guys at Powerhouse have been so great at customer service. I`m willing to wait and even pay a few dollars more for this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well add me mine just arrived today from AG !!!! .I love toys !!! Can`t wait to give this baby a work out .But with the weather it looks like it maybe awhile,
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Just took my Flex out of the box and headed for the garage with the Menzerna! This Flex is the best piece of equipment I have used to date. Smooth running,plenty of power, light weight, easy to handle and control. I may never use a rotory again. If you are thinking of buying a buffer. Pass all others up and buy the Flex. jmo I`ll be in the garage!:waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Add me to the list as well. It is my Xmas gift from my wife. Ordered it from Powerhouse as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ordered the thing on thanksgiving and I just got it today. So happy, its here

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dsms
    Ordered the thing on thanksgiving and I just got it today. So happy, its here

Thats when I ordered mine while I was visiting my parents in Florida for thanksgiving. I like the looks and the build quality so far and also sounds smooth.Can`t wait to give it a whirl.
    Ron

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information