Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iman
    I have a PC and Cyclo. Have been considering a rotary. Should I skip rotary and get a flex?

I do this as a hobby not professionally. Mostly need to get out swirls and scratches from washing and drying on a black car. My goal is not to have to work too hard or too long but am a little afraid of rotary. Flex sounds like great compromise.
    I was in the same boat as you as the pc/udm just took way to long and still never got the results i wanted.So i went and bought a cheap harbor freight rotary and still have not used it....all i can say is thank god for the flex as it a awesome machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    $280 for an orbital? I can buy 2 Hitachis for that. No way I would spend that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHBonney
    $280 for an orbital?

that`s been in the back of my mind too, which is preventing me from buying one. having a few rotaries and a PC, i figure that`s pretty much all that`s needed. i don`t know, we`ll have to see...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    that`s been in the back of my mind too, which is preventing me from buying one. having a few rotaries and a PC, i figure that`s pretty much all that`s needed. i don`t know, we`ll have to see...
    Yeah sorry I just cant see paying that. If the machine were smaller than a PC/UDM fine but that Flex is as big as a rotary. One of the benefits of the UDM/PC is that I can operate it with one hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Willie, I kinda agree with ya - even though I`ve never used a Hitachi, I do have a Makita and I used a Dewalt last week. Both Makita and DeWalt can be bought for 200 bucks. But, for someone that isn`t doing this professionally OR who doesn`t want to use a rotary - then the Flex makes perfect sense. You have the quality, and superior power over the PC and UDM plus it`s cheaper than a Cyclo if you add pads (and you will have to anyway). I was on the fence and even had my wife to offer to buy it, and I would have IF - I didn`t have a rotary. But to all those that did get it, I`m a little jealous!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Flex on the Christmas list also. My UDM had to be replaced after 2 uses. I got my replacement now that is brand new, but I may just have to keep it only as a backup, that I may never have to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    Hey Willie, I kinda agree with ya - even though I`ve never used a Hitachi, I do have a Makita and I used a Dewalt last week. Both Makita and DeWalt can be bought for 200 bucks. But, for someone that isn`t doing this professionally OR who doesn`t want to use a rotary - then the Flex makes perfect sense. You have the quality, and superior power over the PC and UDM plus it`s cheaper than a Cyclo if you add pads (and you will have to anyway). I was on the fence and even had my wife to offer to buy it, and I would have IF - I didn`t have a rotary. But to all those that did get it, I`m a little jealous!
    Yeah I guess if you want to look at it that way. I can get the Hitachi for $150 on line and all you would have to do is turn the speed down. Hey to each his / her own just expressing my thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just considering a rotary when this Flex thing came up. Sounds like the perfect compromise. I need it mainly for my boat which has developed some chalky areas. Put me in Club Flex. Ordered from CMA holiday sale along with some gift items.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Seriously considering it....

Do you own a rotary? With the volume of details you do, I would assume you do but for some reason I seem to remember you saying you do not. If not, do you just want to avoid the risk of paint damage?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in just waiting for it to ship. Looks like I need to sell a machine now to make room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Talk to Powerhouse Distribution last week. Will be ordering mine soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you guys who have/will bought/buy the Flex, do you already own a rotary or are you buying this to avoid getting a rotary?

I ask because I am considering buying a rotary someday. Having a rotary, I am wondering if having a Flex would be redundant? Especially since I already own a UDM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    For those of you guys who have/will bought/buy the Flex, do you already own a rotary or are you buying this to avoid getting a rotary?

I ask because I am considering buying a rotary someday. Having a rotary, I am wondering if having a Flex would be redundant? Especially since I already own a UDM.

IMO... if you`re going to use a rotary someday, you might as well start to learn now and save just about half the money. you`re going to need it someday, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31

get the rotary, you`ll need it someday for the deeper defects that a DA will not be able to take out and what better time to learn how to use it then now. not to mention, it`s half the price of the Flex. if money is no object then get both...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    get the rotary, you`ll need it someday for the deeper defects that a DA will not be able to take out and what better time to learn how to use it then now. not to mention, it`s half the price of the Flex. if money is no object then get both...

I wish I made that kind of money.:chuckle:

When the day comes that my UDM bites the dust, I will probably start looking around on EBay for a Flex, Festool, or a Makita BO6040. If I search around on EBay long enough, I can generally find a power tool for less than half of full price. I would probaly rather have a used Flex/Festool/Makita BO6040 than a new UDM or PC. Since I have the UDM, I will stick with it.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information