Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to get a PC 7424 and there is so many different choices on pads. I want lake country but then I see LC CCS pads than the plain ones. So it doesnt come with a backing plate, so do i need a counterweight and a 6" velcro backing plate if im going to use the 6.5" pads? Why would someone use a smaller pad if it takes longer. Is a 6" backing plate good with 6.5" pads? Should i get the plain LC pads or CCS? I want to get the right stuff the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to correct paint, get the AG low profile orange and white pads. Get a 5" backing plate with them. The larger the pad on the pc the weaker it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    If you are going to correct paint, get the AG low profile orange and white pads. Get a 5" backing plate with them. The larger the pad on the pc the weaker it is.

so a 5" backing plate with 6.5" pads?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    a lot of people like the 5.5 inch pad on a 5 inch backing plate. It`s a less expensive pad as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    a lot of people like the 5.5 inch pad on a 5 inch backing plate. It`s a less expensive pad as well.

X2

you want a 6" bp for 6.5" pad

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I would reccomend the 5" CCS pads from danase with a 4.75 BP, however, if you are not comfortable with the small difference, you may want to use a 3.75 BP.

Otherwise, I +3 above with the 5.5 lo pro LC with 5" BP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY
    Personally, I would reccomend the 5" CCS pads from danase with a 4.75 BP, however, if you are not comfortable with the small difference, you may want to use a 3.75 BP.

Otherwise, I +3 above with the 5.5 lo pro LC with 5" BP.

Another excellent choice. Sorry that I forgot to mention Danase.

Top notch service from Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    why would someone want a 5" backing plate vs a 6" plate? What is the difference if you put on a 6.5" on a 5" plate than on a 6" plate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe some like to switch between 5.5 inch and 6.5 inch pads without swapping out backing plates?

IF you are going to go with 6.5 inch pads, and are going to be doing any cutting or compounding, you would be better off using a 6 inch backing plate with 6.5 inch pads IMO. Your BP will have a better grip on the pad and will give more even pressure over the surface of the pad.

I really think that if you are going to be doing any scratch or swirl removal you will be better off using a BP no bigger than 5 inch with 5.5 inch pads. You could still use 6.5 inch finishing pads with this BP since you will not be using alot of pressure on the pad.

Although I have found that a 3.5 inch BP with 4 inch pads work best for me when correcting paint with my PC.

Which polisher are you getting?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the clearkote line, but this is my first time getting a PC and I want to get pads. So first time getting pads and backing plate. I just want to get 1 backing plate so I always can use it. There is probably no differences to the naked eye.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally have issues with these thin diameter pads. Im not comfortable with them #1, and number two, I dont see a difference!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    so i have no got a questioned answer? Isnt cutting and swirl removal or scratch the samething? Am i getting 6" backing plate with 6.5" pads or the 5" backing plate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blownvert
    so i have no got a questioned answer? Isnt cutting and swirl removal or scratch the samething? Am i getting 6" backing plate with 6.5" pads or the 5" backing plate?

Q1 - Yes same thing.

Q2 - for 6.5" pads you get a 6" bp.

Post Thanks / Like
    so is it mostly preference getting 5" BC with 5.5" pads or 6" with 6.5" pads. This is my first time getting pads. What size should i get? I just want all in one, yes i will be swirl removal and using compound. Why does autogeek recommend using 5" BC with 6.5" pads?

Note: We recommend using a 5 inch backing plate with 6.5 inch pads to leave a larger margin of foam between the plate and the edge of the pad. This bigger margin of error protects the vehicle from unintentional impact with the backing plate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another saying from another website. 6-inch backing plate is perfect for the 6.5-inch pads. It allows you to get firm pressure over the entire pad, unlike 5-inch and 3-inch backing plates, where the edges of the pad become flimsy. ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information