Thread: some help??

Post Thanks / Like
    II just bought some Menzerna Paint polishes and gave it a try for my first time today using the PC 7424. I am using the IP as I am sure my paint needs it. I am having troubles getting the sratches and stuff out though. I don`t know if I am doing something wrong but a little advise would be great. I matched the IP with the orange sonus pads. Thanks for the help The car is a 93` Mazda RX7/Red. anyone worked on this paint before. thanks again for the help. Here are some pictures I have taken to show the marks I havent` been able to get out.

How many passes should I make over the paint?

How much pressure on the PC?

What speed is best?

Any of these answered would be great

here is a link to the pics: http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/93398-help.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Id suggest keeping just one post...
    May I interest you in my Brazilian wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Any help at all or some suggestions would be great

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=fd3annen]II just bought some Menzerna Paint polishes and gave it a try for my first time today using the PC 7424. I am using the IP as I am sure my paint needs it. I am having troubles getting the sratches and stuff out though. ...The car is a 93` Mazda RX7/Red. anyone worked on this paint before..[quote]

My wife had one of those and as I recall it had *very* hard paint. That means you`ll have to spend a lot of time at it.

How many passes should I make over the paint?

As many as it takes. No, that`s not a smart-aleck answer It will probably take at least six-eight, maybe more. Keep doing it until you`ve replaced the marring with micromarring from the IP.

How much pressure on the PC?

The general rule is ~20 lbs. Apply as much as you can without bogging it down so much that it merely "jiggles".

What speed is best?

I`d use six for any polishing, at least with pads of 5" or larger.

The only way *I* would do correction by PC is with 4" pads, which allow the PC to behave much more aggressively (and also allow you to apply more pressure without bogging it down).

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Accumulator][quote name=`fd3annen`]II just bought some Menzerna Paint polishes and gave it a try for my first time today using the PC 7424. I am using the IP as I am sure my paint needs it. I am having troubles getting the sratches and stuff out though. ...The car is a 93` Mazda RX7/Red. anyone worked on this paint before..

My wife had one of those and as I recall it had *very* hard paint. That means you`ll have to spend a lot of time at it.

As many as it takes. No, that`s not a smart-aleck answer It will probably take at least six-eight, maybe more. Keep doing it until you`ve replaced the marring with micromarring from the IP.

The general rule is ~20 lbs. Apply as much as you can without bogging it down so much that it merely "jiggles".

I`d use six for any polishing, at least with pads of 5" or larger.

The only way *I* would do correction by PC is with 4" pads, which allow the PC to behave much more aggressively (and also allow you to apply more pressure without bogging it down).

thanks a lot for the help!!!! I was wondering if it is ok that I have it in the garage and do as much as I can as possible. I am working and stuff and dont have the time to do it all at once.....this won`t hurt the paint will it. And should I get a more "cutting" pad like a yellow one maybe. One more question, should I wipe the surface of the polish before puting more on? Thanks for all the help once again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fd3annen
    thanks a lot for the help!!!! I was wondering if it is ok that I have it in the garage and do as much as I can as possible. I am working and stuff and dont have the time to do it all at once.....this won`t hurt the paint will it. And should I get a more "cutting" pad like a yellow one maybe. One more question, should I wipe the surface of the polish before puting more on? Thanks for all the help once again!

Quick response, getting ready to leave town:

You can do it piecemeal but don`t let it get dusty.

Yeah, get a cutting pad.

Yeah, buff off the polish residue (don`t work it until it`s completely dry), inspect and then do more as needed.

Thread Information