Post Thanks / Like
    Used the PC for the first time today. I tried to start out gently with the pads/product, but that wasn`t getting me anywhere. I wound up using the XMT #3 and the free 5" orange pads from Autogeek (what brand are these?), they seemed a little more aggressive than the CSS orange pads. I finished up with XMT #1/orange CSS pad, then the carnuba glaze/white pad. I`m pretty confident my technique was good, it just seems like I had to go one step more aggressive than what everybody seems to recommend.

I`m happy with most of the car, but I was unable to really effect the slightly deeper scratches on the hood and trunk. They aren`t nearly deep enough to catch a fingenail, but deeper than your average scratch from bad wash technique. I actually held the PC directy on those scratches with the orange pad and XMT 3 and it hardly phased it. I`m gonna need something a little tougher. Autogeek reccomends that the Yellow pads only be used on older bad paint, but I`m thinking of trying one. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Despite the name - XMT3# ain`t all that agressive. If you`re using a PC, you can use a yellow LC pad, some #3 and just go over the scratch - use some pressure! till it goes away.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that PC @ speed 6, 6.5" orange cut pad + Menz IP finishes pretty much LSP ready on VAG paint, even black, of course it is hard not to follow up with FPII for added gloss. To actually cut medium swirls you need a yellow pad and IP I found works well. Smaller pads may work well for you, but I use 6.5" with no real complaints on my VW.

Thread Information