Post Thanks / Like
    I have three cars I`m going to detail in the next few weeks. They are a 05` Black Honda Accord, 04 Silver Acura RSX, and a 06 Diamond white pearl Acura TL. The Accord has the most swirls...the TL and RSX have very minor swirls. I have Optimum Polish, and poli seal. I also have Sonus SFX pads, and some other pads I got from a local guy. I should be able to use the same method on all three since all hondas/acuras have a soft clear coat correct?

I don`t think I need to use the Sonus restore pad SFX-1. I figured I`d use the SFX-2 Pad..which is the white one. Since it says it`s for swirl reducing for regular care of paint with minor imperfections. Then I`ll use the Blue SFX-3 final finish pad for the poli seal. I was thinking of topping with Natty`s Red by hand.

The other pads I have are a crosscut foam polishing pad and a crosscut light cut foam pad.

The optimum polish says a final finishing foam pad will remove swirl marks at 1000-1400rpm...so would the white pad be too much? Also the rpms they give are for rotarys....what speed would that be on the PC?

How long will I need to work the OP.....as far as will it break down when it`s done....or dust?

Sorry for all the questions. Just wanted to get some input before I tackle the cars.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    search button man

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on the search button.

Dont worry about speed, the only one you need to know with a pc is 6.

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Currently Wearing: Scottwax`s Famous Pink Moose, JW AJT, JW AG

Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil (What a difference!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve searched but can`t find the exact answers I need. Can you guys give me some phrases to search? I keep coming up with the same threads..most just list optimum in a list of product used to detail a car. I`m looking for more specific info.

Post Thanks / Like
    With PC and paint correction, you generally use speed 6 and 5. When spreading the polish, obviously use a low speed like 3-4. Once the polish is spread, then bump the speed up and do your polishing.

Work the OP until the polish becomes translucent. Don`t wait till it dusts. Don`t use too much, as the work time of the OP is very long, and you don`t want to be polishing one panel for 10 minutes

In terms of searching, if the forum search doesn`t work well, you can use a google search and restrict to the autopia forum.

google "site:www.autopia.org/forum insert search keyword"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea use very LITTLE OP. I made that mistake the first time I used it and I was buffing a 2X2 panel for like 10 minutes! Ouch, Imagine that on a customers car, you`d be there for 12 hours!

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Currently Wearing: Scottwax`s Famous Pink Moose, JW AJT, JW AG

Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil (What a difference!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help guys. Now what about pad selection. I know the general rule is to start with the least abrasive option. So are my pad selections of light cut for the OP a good choice?

I also found a thread that said something along the lines of working OP for about 1min and 30seconds per section. As long as you stick to a 2x2 area, is this a good standard?

As far as how much product to use, I`ve only used Klasse aio before. With that I applied a ring around the oustide of the pad for the first 2x2 section. From that point on I used 2-3 pea drops on the pad per section. I`m assuming thats how much I should use here. Just enough to keep a lubricated surface between the pad and the paint.

Thread Information