Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have any experience using LC foamed wool pads and Menzerna Super Intensive polish with a rotary?

Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    I used that combination (well, close to it; I cheated and used my new SIP 3.02 I got from England) on the roof of my Wife`s Sequoia when I switched the LSP over to Vintage last month. Purple LC Foamed Wool or Edge 2000 Yellow wool used with SIP is my new go-to combination for moderate correction. Either one of these pads (with the nod to aggressiveness to the Edge yellow) when used with SIP will not only give you great correction, it`ll give you a darn fine finish. I used the foamed wool on half the roof, and the yellow on the other half (which had some pretty bad scratches). The foamed left me with just the slightest amount of compounding marks and holograms. The yellow was a bit worse, but still not bad at all. A quick pass with 106ff and a blue edge wool pad cleaned it up very nicely.

The correction rate was also very fast. I found myself not needing to go over each area nearly as many times with the 3.02 and the wool to achieve the needed correction. I bet I saved darn near an hour`s worth of time on that acre of a roof.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    I used that combination (well, close to it; I cheated and used my new SIP 3.02 I got from England) on the roof of my Wife`s Sequoia when I switched the LSP over to Vintage last month. Purple LC Foamed Wool or Edge 2000 Yellow wool used with SIP is my new go-to combination for moderate correction. Either one of these pads (with the nod to aggressiveness to the Edge yellow) when used with SIP will not only give you great correction, it`ll give you a darn fine finish. I used the foamed wool on half the roof, and the yellow on the other half (which had some pretty bad scratches). The foamed left me with just the slightest amount of compounding marks and holograms. The yellow was a bit worse, but still not bad at all. A quick pass with 106ff and a blue edge wool pad cleaned it up very nicely.

The correction rate was also very fast. I found myself not needing to go over each area nearly as many times with the 3.02 and the wool to achieve the needed correction. I bet I saved darn near an hour`s worth of time on that acre of a roof.

Thanks very much for the comeback and information.

Did you finish up with 106FF and blue edge wool, didn`t you go to the 106FF and foam pad for final finish?

Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Must get me a couple of those foamed wool pads...

Post Thanks / Like
    Changeling, I finished up with the blue wool and the 106ff. I used the 106ff and a green foam for the finishing touches on several places on my Charger, before I got the complete Edge wool lineup.

I was thinking about going back and doing a section with green foam and the 106ff just to see if I could see a difference in gloss between it and the blue wool (which is a very light cut pad, about like green LC foam), but I ran out of time. It really does look good, but I`d still like to do a side by side comparison to see if I`m really getting a good final polish with the wool.

I had done the rest of the Sequoia during a seperate session, and I only single-stepped it with one pass of 106ff and a green Edge wool pad. I couldn`t tell a difference between the paint finished with the green vs. the roof with the blue, but it`s kinda hard to do a comparison like that when a ladder is needed to see the roof (making it impossible to really see the rest of the car).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the input, I am getting ready to try it and wanted as much input as I could get.

Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Superbee, is that the 6" wool or is that the 7.5" wool?

Im calling Autogeek tomorrow!

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Currently Wearing: Scottwax`s Famous Pink Moose, JW AJT, JW AG

Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil (What a difference!)

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s the 6", Kleraudio, and I couldn`t be happier. I don`t really like big pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by porta
    Must get me a couple of those foamed wool pads...
    your wish is my command! It`s sorta like the pad that you gave me to try. Maybe a notch better
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do I feel responsable for this thread I started this big wool trend and now with the SIP 3.01 and 3.02.

Superbee you have some of the best products now and your car should look killer when done.

Wool will leave marks reguardless. Wipe all the oils down and put in the sun or halogens.

If I were to do your car, this is what I would use on rotary.

3.02 on an orange LC pad

106ff on a white LC pad

check work and it should now be super bright and clear with no trails at all and be 100% swirl free. Chrysler has nice hard paint that I love working on personally.

Put your new wax on and it will be one of a kind!!!!!! Put you car in a parking lot of a hundred of the same colored ones and I bet you will pick it out of the bunch in an instant.

Wool is great stuff, but I only use it on the more difficult cars. Edge does make great wool pads though. I did try the purple wool out and it is a nice pad also. I still like Presta polishes on wool though. A couple people I have taught like Presta better on wool too. 3.02/3.01 kicks butt on orange LC foam though.

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan, can you get the smaller wool pads as well? Where can I get those smaller pads

5" and 6" (IE where can Ryan buy them and send them to me?) )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by porta
    Ryan, can you get the smaller wool pads as well? Where can I get those smaller pads

5" and 6" (IE where can Ryan buy them and send them to me?) )
    Are you talking about the edge 2000 ones? I`ll have to make a good size order for you so the shipping is not more than the products:grinno:

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan: No, I Thought this was the thread about foamed wool pads

The foamed wool pads from LC, 5" all the vendors just have the larger one (6,5") but if I have the 5" I can test them on my TopTool as well :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    Why do I feel responsable for this thread I started this big wool trend and now with the SIP 3.01 and 3.02.

Superbee you have some of the best products now and your car should look killer when done.

Wool will leave marks reguardless. Wipe all the oils down and put in the sun or halogens.

If I were to do your car, this is what I would use on rotary.

3.02 on an orange LC pad

106ff on a white LC pad

check work and it should now be super bright and clear with no trails at all and be 100% swirl free. Chrysler has nice hard paint that I love working on personally.

Put your new wax on and it will be one of a kind!!!!!! Put you car in a parking lot of a hundred of the same colored ones and I bet you will pick it out of the bunch in an instant.

Wool is great stuff, but I only use it on the more difficult cars. Edge does make great wool pads though. I did try the purple wool out and it is a nice pad also. I still like Presta polishes on wool though. A couple people I have taught like Presta better on wool too. 3.02/3.01 kicks butt on orange LC foam though.

It`s been done for a while, Ryan.

I ended up having to re-correct the paint on it last week, though. Long story short: I forgot to tell a dealer not to wash my car. They washed it and swirled it up with a few RIDS for good measure. The correction consisted of 3.02 with green edge wool, then 106ff with blue edge wool, then I did most of the car with 106ff and white edge wool for comparison purposes to the finish the blue wool left. No diference; they are both very top notch finishing pads. I then did the HD-cleanse and a layer of vintage. The car looks even better than it did before the dealer screwed up my paint as far as gloss goes, but I`m still very unhappy about the RIDS.

Thread Information