Post Thanks / Like
    well, i have a PC and the range of CCS 6.5`` pads and i have to tackle a few Audi`s in the near future. they are 98-present and their conditions are the worst i have ever seen. Oh yea, and they are all black. anyway, all i have right now is OC and OP. i will need much stronger for Audi clear in this condition. I am wondering whether to buy Top of the Line stuff, like EC, HC, etc. or if i should go the menzerna approach. money is a little tight, so i dont want to spend a bunch of money on menzerna if i could get similar results with TOTL stuff.

thanks for any insight,

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    The HTEC is a pretty serious polish. Couple that with some 4" spot pads and you can correct them *pretty* good.

Accumulator will chime in eventually and give you all the help you will need to tackle those Audi`s.

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Currently Wearing: Scottwax`s Famous Pink Moose, JW AJT, JW AG

Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil (What a difference!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats good to hear as I have a yellow and an orange 4" pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard nothing but great things about HTEC and many really good and known detailers on here use it. I want to try it out soon as well.

As for the Audis, you will definitely need something tougher than OC, especially with a PC... OC/yellow might work with a rotary, but I highly doubt you will do anything with the combo on a PC in less than 2-3 passes.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    dgoff07- I wouldn`t bother with the 6.5" pads for the serious correction. Even with 6.5" *wool* pads and a strong compound, the PC just didn`t fix Audi clear for me (and I spent a whole day and a lot of compound trying!).

I haven`t tried any Optimum stuff except for OP and the only Menzerna stuff I`ve tried is FP. That said...

The PC/4" combo will work on Audis with H-T EC for the aggressive step but it`ll take a long, long time. IMO if the cost of the H-T EC is a factor go ahead and get it; it`s fine for this step.

On Audis, I follow H-T EC with two grades of finer polish but that`s just me. Get *all* the marring out/diminished to your satisfaction with the H-T EC as milder stuff won`t remove anything except the H-T EC`s micro marring (which won`t be too bad on the Audi clear).

The PC/4"/H-T EC will require numerous passes and when I say "it`ll take a long, long time" I don`t mean just a half-hour per panel. Many passes, as in- not just five or six. Don`t try to hurry things along by applying excessive pressure while holding the PC in the same spot

Heh heh, on Audis, I can`t get away with just 2-3 passes even by rotary! But that`s with foam pads and IMO-reasonable compounds.

Thread Information