Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I`ve waited until now to try the rotary on my car. My previous attempt is on a piece of scrap panel with pretty good results. I also watch that "Buffing with Confidence" vid which was pretty helpful.

Here is my setup:

Hitachi

Edge2000 DA kit

OP and OC

Clay - Riccardo (elastic)

I washed and clayed the car; that piece of clay picked up so much stuff it can only be used for the wheels now.

I went up the pad scale starting from blue and then green with OP. The swirls were a bit stubborn so I increased the aggressiveness with OC on the orange and yellow. Then I finished off with the blue with Op. I have gotten rid of all the regular swirls - circular/cobwebs but, I still see some "linear swirls". I know that swirls imply that it`s circular but they are going like length and width. They have a certain sheen to it that isn`t like scratches more like depth of swirls.

Do I have to just work it longer? or Do I step up to OHC?

Another thing that I am concerned about is how I have now worked it with the other products the layer now has been "thinned"(part of the job has been done) so should I just keep on working with what I have or let OHC do that job?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Pingu- Sounds like you might`ve instilled some holograms. You`ll get better with experience. FWIW I find it hard to finish perfectly with OP and the rotary (yeah, it`s almost certainly user-error) and IMO there are easier products to master.

If this is the case, you need to work the OP longer and use less product. It`s not something that you`ll fix with a *more aggressive* approach, quite the opposite.

You should be able to fix things with the PC as a follow up. Plenty of people, myself included, use the PC/Cyclo for the final polishing.

Of course the preceding is based on my guess as to what the problem is, and I could be totally incorrect!

Post Thanks / Like
    The kind of car helps to, ive noticed that finishing with OP and rotary is possible, if the paint isnt to soft. Ive got an 02 acura and even though i thought all the holograms were gone i still barely seen em under very rough sun.

Use less polish, work it in longer, use OP with orange then finish it off with white then if holograms still appear try gray. I havent tried using blue yet as i noticed it doesnt do much. After OP i follow up with poli-seal on gray for its slight cutting abilities but will try PS on white to see if it gets rid of holograms.

I like you just started out so idk if u wanna listen to me lol
    Detailing is an ART.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for the tips.

It is a Toyota Matrix with titanium metalic (silver metalic) paint.

I choose OP because I read about it`s long work time. I`m also glad I got the PC.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find that finishing with Menzerna FP2 on a pC is about as perfect as it gets. If you don`t have a PC just use FP2 on the softest pad you have.

Thread Information