Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been on this forum for quite awhile now. (I think since around 2003)

I did a lot of lurking, and learned quite a bit. I learned enough to start detailing "semi-professionally" whilst unemployed during 2003-2004.

I`ve got some great experience, enough to where I`ve got some past customers who have come looking for my services even though I`ve given up detailing for dollars.

either way, my past buffer (which I purchased in 04 ) has expired. It is a Vector rotary. I need to replace it, and now I have the funds to buy a good, reliable unit.

The question is where to buy it. I`ve been away from the forums for awhile, and I see that much has changed here.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance..

Post Thanks / Like
    hitachi makita and metabo are the most popular. I have the hitachi and like it ALOT
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselMDX
    hitachi makita and metabo are the most popular. I have the hitachi and like it ALOT

And I have both the other two and can vouch for both of *them*. So it`s not like you`d go wrong with any of those three.

Post Thanks / Like
    what made you buy both accum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just stay away from the Porter Cable version of the rotary, I have it and although it works nice its too heavy to use on verticle pannels for long sessions.

Post Thanks / Like
    hitachi makita and metabo are the most popular. I have the Makita and like it ALOT

Post Thanks / Like
    spammer be gone

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also looking to buy a rotary but wondering if I should buy both the makita and metabo.

Money won`t be a problem but wondering what are the pros and cons for the makita and metabo and does one do something better than the other and vice versa.

Post Thanks / Like
    also amongst the three popular ones (hitachi, makita, metabo), Dewalt is also another one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kastanaras
    I am also looking to buy a rotary but wondering if I should buy both the makita and metabo.

Money won`t be a problem but wondering what are the pros and cons for the makita and metabo and does one do something better than the other and vice versa.

makita is considered a heavy duty machine that can take the abuse it is a little heavier then the hitachi/metabo but just as nice

Metabo is top of the line lighter more powerful and more ergonomic than the others, tho i have read some over heating problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kastanaras

In the following thread (in post #9) Accumulator explains what he likes/dislikes about the Metabo vs the Makita:

http://autopia.org/forum/machine-pol...e12-175-a.html
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    In the following thread (in post #9) Accumulator explains what he likes/dislikes about the Metabo vs the Makita:

http://autopia.org/forum/machine-pol...e12-175-a.html

Seems like the slightly lighter hitachi is a good compromise between the makita and metabo. The one downsides I see with the metabo are lack of an accessible speed dial for "on-the-fly" adjustment, and the minimal weight over the head of the machine forces me to apply a slight downwards pressure when operating.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselMDX
    what made you buy both accum?

You mean besides the fact that I`m a tool junkie

I just never really liked using the Makita and I wondered if I`d like the Metabo better. The more I use it (Metabo), the more I like it.

Don`t take my not liking the Makita the wrong way, I only *really* like using the Cyclo

Jim W- I got both my rotaries (and one of the Cyclos and maybe one of the PCs, I forget..) at Top of the Line Auto Detailing Supplies . Utterly impeccable customer service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    You mean besides the fact that I`m a tool junkie

I just never really liked using the Makita and I wondered if I`d like the Metabo better. The more I use it (Metabo), the more I like it.

Don`t take my not liking the Makita the wrong way, I only *really* like using the Cyclo

Jim W- I got both my rotaries (and one of the Cyclos and maybe one of the PCs, I forget..) at Top of the Line Auto Detailing Supplies . Utterly impeccable customer service.

Thanks, Accumulator,

I was reading through the responses and was saying to myself "where did he buy it from?"

That is, until I saw the last thread in the post...

Thanks again..

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t mean to Hijack this thread but, I am in the same boat of looking for a new rotary. I was wondering what everyone thought about the DeWalt DW849? I can get one from the local grainger guy for $154.08 and some local paint guys I know really like using DeWalt`s. Mike...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information