Post Thanks / Like
    I just purchased a Hitchi rotary. I`ve been using a PC for 10 years now, and decided to step up to hopefully get better results in less time. I need some advice though.

Again, it`s a Hitachi and I`ll be using 6" Edge pads that I also use on my PC. I use Chemical Guys products...mainly Spider Web and Pro Polish.

What pads and speed setting do I want to use to remove swirls and scratches?

Also, what settings on the Hitachi speed dial equal what RPM...because isn`t it different than my PC speed selector?

Thanks for the assistance.

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s a thumbwheel dial on the Hitachi and a comparison gauge placard on the body of the machine. You`re right, the speeds DO NOT match up to what you`re used to on the PC. I don`t exceed about 1700 on the Hitachi and if I remember correctly it`s a touch above 2 on the thumbwheel selector. I vary my speeds depending on polish and paint condition between about 900 - 1700.

Sorry, I`m not familiar with the Edge pads but someone else can chime in on those. You`ll love it once you get used to it. It`s a huge time saver in that it works much faster than the PC. I still use my PC though for some finish/finesse buffing so don`t sell or throw it away!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the rotary world. Your PC is nothing like a rotary, the PC oscillates and the rotary rotates or spins. When learning keep the rpms low don`t go above 2 on the dial untill you are proficient. You really don`t need to go above 1700rpm for correctional work. There is a good thread on rotary use in the machine polishing forum, check it out. I also have a Hitachi rotary and love it. Use to use a PC but wanted better results so I made the jump and I`m glad I did. The rotary corrects faster and easier and also finishes a lot better. I personally find the rotary easier to use than the PC as you can get into tighter spots a lot easier and polish right up to trim and emblems. Anyway, have fun and enjoy your new polisher.
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody using the same CG products as me have an recommendations? Thanks for those above...I just don`t want to mess anything up, and I want to start slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome aboard, I just switched over to the dark side as well Picked up my Makita the other day and got all my back plating I can`t wait to use it

Thread Information