Post Thanks / Like
    I got a new makita rotary buffer today and I am really excited to get to play with it.. so far I ordered a flexible backing plate and some 7.5inch foam pads for it. I ordered just a white polishing pad? Is that all I will need for cutting swirls? I also use menzerna intense and final polish II.. Will that polish do really good with a rotary or do I need to step it up some. I still plan on finishing with my porter cable after i use the rotary. Do I need to get any new polishing that yall recommend, maybe a along the lines of 3M products?? Thanks in advance!

Landon
    2007 Acura TL TYPE S :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, it all depends on how heavy swirls and how hard of clear coat / paint you are talking about. If you already made a purchase and it is on it`s way you might want to give that a try first before spending more money.

Post Thanks / Like
    is it possible to finish up with a white pad and FPII with this rotary? Thats what I want to.. I want to get a better finish. OK, Ill agree with you. Ill wait to buy anything else and practice with it

Landon
    2007 Acura TL TYPE S :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I put some wonderful holograms on my nine year old pickup truck with a new makita rotary I bought recently. In the garage you`ll never notice but, after pulling it out in the sun, they suddenly appear.....

I used an orange LC pad with Menzerna IP and took my time.

Once I saw what was up, I used my PC and a white LC pad with some ZPC and bingo, they melted away.....

I have a dark gray LC pad and might try some PF II the next go around just to see what that combo can do. I`d like to use one machine if possible but, don`t have a problem with finishing with an orbital if necessary......

That`s part of the fun....:xyxthumbs

Thread Information