Post Thanks / Like
    Ok guys, so i am purchasing the PC7424. I have another thread going to see where i can get it for cheap. My question now is, What products should I buy in order to go to work. I am here in NYC and the weather should start getting better therefore I want to stack up. I own a white G35 Coupe, 2006, and have very minor swirls on it, mainly from the hand car wash places I went to during the winter, during summer I do it myself. What should I buy to take care of these problems. The swirls are very light, and I dont want to use anything abrasive that will eat into the clearcoat since the car is still brand new. Can you guys give me a list of products and mayb the pads I should be using? Thank you evry much. Yes I am a NEWB.

Post Thanks / Like
    $99 smackers:

TOOLS PLUS - PORTER CABLE 7424 LOW SPEED CAR BUFFER / POLISHER for only $99.00 (TOOLS PLUS - PORTER CABLE 7424 LOW SPEED CAR BUFFER / POLISHER for only $99.00)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok these are the products I decided to go with. What do you think.

FP2 16oz

FTG 16oz

FMJ 32oz

Menzerna shampoo 32oz

PC7424

6" backing plate

2) 6.5" Black CCP

1) 6.5" White CCp

This was all of my polishing and sealent stuff. Then i got some extra accessories for rims and etc.

What do you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    products with some fillers sound perfect for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle
    Ok these are the products I decided to go with. What do you think.

FP2 16oz

FTG 16oz

FMJ 32oz

Menzerna shampoo 32oz

PC7424

6" backing plate

2) 6.5" Black CCP

1) 6.5" White CCp

This was all of my polishing and sealent stuff. Then i got some extra accessories for rims and etc.

What do you think.

Well, you certainly went with the top dog! hehe

Problem I see is you spent $40 for a sealant that doesn`t last as long as a Duragloss 105, or Werkstatt acrylic jett, both of which are quite a bit less expensive.

Since you claim your finish isn`t too bad, the FP2/wht pad should remove it. It you`ve never buffed before with the PC, search here or youtube for how to videos. Generally, move it 1" per second, slowly across the paint, and overlap each passs by 50% of the previous.

If you plan on removing deeper scratches in the future, you could also pick up a 32oz bottle of Optimum Compound and polish at Danase.com, they offer a nice discount if you join danaseforums.com

Even though you have a lighty swirled white, new model car, the OC is nice to have around for the heavier swirls your car might get. You also might grab 1-2 of the 5.25" Lake country CCS orange pads that danase sells. They`re only $7 bucks before the forum discount.

Post Thanks / Like
    you can also save money in the future with the meguiar`s gold class car wash soap. It`s only 9 bucks for half a GALLON at your local target.

Post Thanks / Like
    Or even better, Meg`s NXT Wash (a big favorite here) for 8.00 at local stores (or online and depending on where, 10% off too) for 64oz or sometimes, if you have a Meijer`s, it`s a hefty 4-4.50 on sale
    - Garrett

Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw this product^^ before at strauss.

Thread Information