Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvaBimma
    Edge users (Me hah! ) will really tell you it`s impossible for the adapter to hit the paint. I find it RIDICULOUS if the adapter were to somehow break the plastic middle plate and break the surrounding foam. Of course, you have to see it and get a handle. It`s what you prefer however,
    Anything is possible if design allows even a slightest chance for it. Please take a look here in the case you have missed this thread or forgot about it:

http://autopia.org/forum/machine-pol...l-mistake.html

Draw your own conclusions for yourself, but for me that is an example of why I prefer designs that allow no chance for problem instead of trusting that it is impossible for it to fail. I just don`t take such risks, others are free to do so if they want to and make faces at me hoping they won`t ever have to hear from me "I told you so".

I think this is already too much of a thread drift that I feel would be appropriate for Autopia so I will leave it at this.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only highspeed worth buying is the milwaukee. I`ve owned makita, dewalt, and hitachi. The milwaukee kills them all. I`ve had mine run over by a 3500 series pickup and still work like a champ. Makita`s are too light and the outside cases break easily, the dewalt go through switches and armatures (sp) all the time, three in one year before I put the thing where it belonged, my dumpster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NotaHack
    The only highspeed worth buying is the milwaukee. I`ve owned makita, dewalt, and hitachi. The milwaukee kills them all. I`ve had mine run over by a 3500 series pickup and still work like a champ. Makita`s are too light and the outside cases break easily, the dewalt go through switches and armatures (sp) all the time, three in one year before I put the thing where it belonged, my dumpster.

nice 1st post.

I`ll just go to my garbage can and trash my makita.

we once ran over our 6 months old puppy and it lived. Is that mean all other dogs should be put to death?

I smell spam!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I`m too much of a wimp for a Milwaukee. They are heavier than my B&D and that thing is heavy.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    that was his 3rd. post !!! but who`s counting !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    nice 1st post.

I`ll just go to my garbage can and trash my makita.

we once ran over our 6 months old puppy and it lived. Is that mean all other dogs should be put to death?

I smell spam!!!!!!!

You don`t know me. How many posts should I have before I`m allowed to voice my opinion?

I`m not a spammer or a amateur. I`ve been detailing professionally for nearly 8 years. In a shop that does nearly $100,000.00 per month in just detail work, that doesn`t include the hand carwash, or window tinting I work six days a week and knock out at least 3 cars per day by myself. Do the math. Don`t cast dispersions without knowing your facts.

Post Thanks / Like
    100 k a month wow ... that`s pimping !!! can you slip me the address I like to come by !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 57 wax
    100 k a month wow ... that`s pimping !!! can you slip me the address I like to come by !!!!!

Yeah it is a very busy shop. Too bad I don`t own it. We easily go through a 55gal drum of tire dressing in two weeks, 8 gallons off polish a week, a drum of all purpose every week. The material bills alone are over 1k per week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    we once ran over our 6 months old puppy and it lived
    You ran over your puppy? :furious:

(J/K)

Post Thanks / Like
    everyone is going to have different experiences with different machines, so to each his or her own. if it works for you, than that`s all that matters...

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s right! Everyone is diffferent and some like light and some like heavy. Some like fast and some like slow. It`s all on your technique. Some are lefty and some are righty. I have tried a lot of rotorys in my life and the makita and the milwaukee are tough and strong. Either one, you can`t go wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t know me. How many posts should I have before I`m allowed to voice my opinion?

I`m not a spammer or a amateur. I`ve been detailing professionally for nearly 8 years. In a shop that does nearly $100,000.00 per month in just detail work, that doesn`t include the hand carwash, or window tinting I work six days a week and knock out at least 3 cars per day by myself. Do the math. Don`t cast dispersions without knowing your facts.

maybe you should reread your posts before submitting it.

everyone has an opinion, and yours doesn`t weigh any more on these pages.

In the above post you sound like a "Know it all"

The only highspeed worth buying is the milwaukee

Now tell me, how wrong is that to say. The ONLY one? :thx :thx :thx

Where you work how much tire shine you go through and how much your employer makes means nothing to me.

Sharing your pro experience (especially if you post before and after pictures to prove how good you are) in a friendly way will make many people want to read your posts. m3c

Post Thanks / Like
    NotaHack- Welcome to Autopia, as you can see some threads get a little heated. Heh heh, I`ll cut some slack to anybody who uses a Milwaukee all the time and actually *enjoys* it It`s been, uhm..counting...28 years since I had to use one every day and man it left an impression, they really are built like no other rotary I`ve ever checked out. Gotta admit that I like the light weight of the Makita and Metabo but I can see somebody having the opposite opinion.

I do note that people who like Milwaukees and B&Ds tend to really *like* them, and over a *long* timespan too. That really does tell you something about the tools and it reminds me of how I appreciate the build-quality of the Cyclo when it comes to that type of machine.

Post Thanks / Like

:welcome :funnypost :hm :nono I`ll bet the farm that you added 1 too many zeros to your monthly equation. I`ll call major BS on that. Please prove me wrong??
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    In order to make $100,000.00 per month in just detail work a shop would have to have a literally army detailing those cars.

Let`s say there are 5 detailers, each man does 3 details a day at $250 each. That`s $3,750.00 a day, $18, 750.00 a week (5 day work week), $75,000.00 a month. Not bad coin BUT lets come back down to reality here.

Most shops, those that do quality work, usually don`t have 1 person pushing out 3 full details a day, especially at a rate of $250.00 each. Most shops have 1 guy pushing out 1 FULL detail a day and not all shops charge $250.00.....but lets say that the price is $250.00, that means that 5 guys doing 5 details will make $1250.00 a day, $7,500 a week (6 day week), and $30,000.00 a month......which makes us almost $70,000.00 short of our $100,000.00 goal!

Not many restaurants or stores make $100,000.00 a month so I highly question a detail shop making that in ONLY details.

Gee I hope my math is right.....anyone got a calculator?

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information