Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the Edge2K system for a little less than a month now. I am VERY satisfied, however I am encountering one small issue. The pads are double sides, which is great. However, once the polish builds up on one side on the pad, and I turn it over to the fresh side, it seems the weight of the polish from the other side bogs down the PC and the PC does not rotate. It seems this completely eliminates the double-sided feature of these pads. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any fixes for this? :aww:
    Windsor Auto Detail

Austin, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    I mostly use them on my rotary since their big advantage is the centering. My only complaint is when I flip it the used side will wing dust from the polish if you don`t mist it to keep it moist. :sosad

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by z06meister
    I mostly use them on my rotary since their big advantage is the centering. My only complaint is when I flip it the used side will wing dust from the polish if you don`t mist it to keep it moist. :sosad

I have that problem sometimes too.

Quote Originally Posted by skitelluride531
    I have been using the Edge2K system for a little less than a month now. I am VERY satisfied, however I am encountering one small issue. The pads are double sides, which is great. However, once the polish builds up on one side on the pad, and I turn it over to the fresh side, it seems the weight of the polish from the other side bogs down the PC and the PC does not rotate. It seems this completely eliminates the double-sided feature of these pads. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any fixes for this? :aww:

I`m wondering if maybe you are using too much polish. If there`s enough polish on one side of the pad to considerably increase the weight then it sounds like you`re using too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your using to much polish, I use Optimum Polish and Compound and always flip the pads on our suv`s, one side for each half of the truck. Never had that issue. When I flip I give it a quick whirl and it gets out any excess/dry polish, and then go back to work, I don`t get any polish flinging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input guys!

I am going to be extra careful this weekend and use less polish to see if it makes a difference. :cooleek:
    Windsor Auto Detail

Austin, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    A good habit to get into is wash your pads after your finsihed for the day . From time to time during your detail use a pad cleaning brush to get rid of that caked on product. :buffing:
    Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !

Post Thanks / Like
    I would imaging it would take a whole lot of weight to bog down a polisher. How many of you have rinsed your pads dry by spinning the water out of them? Dont you think a pad soaked with water on both sides is just as heavey as polish on both sides of the pad?

Im a new user to the Porter Cable, but I was trying to clean out my Edge pads and went to dry them, my little girl thought it was "cool job daddy" when the water made a rainbow. I soaked the pad a couple of more times just to make more rainbows, and didnt notice the machine slowing down. The pads were soaking wet those times.

I would also think that applying more pressure than "normal" with the polisher would be much more "comparable weight" than an extra ounce of product. By that I mean using 25 pounds of pressure instead of 15-20 pounds. Maybe he has a bad machine:hm

Thread Information