Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    Who are you to determine what th freaking etiquette is here? All of the supplies I use are paid for unless I`ve stated that they are samples.

You, you big......., are the only that has a problem with me and my posts!

I`m sorry, you`re right, it`s up to the management and the mods what the etiquette is here, and if I`m the only one that has a problem, then I`m sure the majority will rule.

Post Thanks / Like
    He is saying that a product is bad and not giving a single reason why. Not to us or the owner of the company. He has done this on other sites and in numerous threads.

Where is validity in that opinion then?

I have received a ton of free products. One being a "certain" backplate that delamintated and cost me 435.00 in a repair in my month in business. That "certain" company has not responded to one email that I`ve sent. This is what prompted me to BUY my first EDGE2K system.
    Was this backing plate from meguiars? is this why you brought them up in the thread..

I said i didn`t care for the system..The only advantage to me and this is my opinion is the QD..Justin, What you do.. dosen`t take a rocket scientist..:secret Your not even capable of running a rotory..Let me tell you buddy i work full time and still find time in the warmer months to detail..

Put your money where your mouth is and find a thread where i told one person not to purchase the pads..I maybe a weekend warrior..what i`m not is a cheerleader for sponsors..I`m done with this..

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Is he slamming? Or simply expressing his experience/opinion? You can`t "lock" out his opinions as coming from someone who has never used the product, as he clearly has. Is it not true that foam pads have different densities and pore sizes, and therefore different levels of aggressiveness or "abrasiveness"? So couldn`t it be his experience/opinion that the pads had more cut than he likes or expected? It`s a pretty fine line between slamming and having a negative opinion. Would you prefer that members here have their opinions censored, like at some manufacturer-sponsored boards?

I could really give a rodent`s butt whether he or anybody else uses Edge, Meg`s or any other pads, I get my hackles raised when people are denied their opinions, and when reviewers don`t disclose how they received products--it undermines the integrity of the board.

I own 2 Edge pads(yellow and green). I`ve described them in comparison to other manufacturers pads. I feel that using the word "abrasive" to describe foam pads is a bit misleading. Of course cutting pads are designed to cut but abrasive gives a connotation that they scratch or scour the surface. Granted using a yellow with a PC proabably isn`t really effective and better results could be achieved with that pad on a rotary but many people here use them on a PC(although IMO the orange pads are a better option). Of course Joe has a right to his opinion and I`m trying to counter that opinion with facts from my usage of their (velcro) pads. I believe that if a product was truly defective then users would provide honest feedback to a company to help them improve their product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is he slamming? Or simply expressing his experience/opinion? You can`t "lock" out his opinions as coming from someone who has never used the product, as he clearly has. Is it not true that foam pads have different densities and pore sizes, and therefore different levels of aggressiveness or "abrasiveness"? So couldn`t it be his experience/opinion that the pads had more cut than he likes or expected? It`s a pretty fine line between slamming and having a negative opinion. Would you prefer that members here have their opinions censored, like at some manufacturer-sponsored boards?

I could really give a rodent`s butt whether he or anybody else uses Edge, Meg`s or any other pads, I get my hackles raised when people are denied their opinions, and when reviewers don`t disclose how they received products--it undermines the integrity of the board.

Mike, I think you are missing something here. I never said anyone could not have their opinion, and I never sent a nasty email to Joe saying he could not have an opinion either. I asked him in a PM if he had used the pads, and had a problem with them because I had seen many posts from him that were negative about the pads and I thought, "wow did something happen here because this guy never called us or posted that he had a problem". Likewise, I never made a deal about it to the public because his response to what I felt was only good customer service was rejected with cursing and anger. It was only when this thread appeared and Joe claimed that I offered bad customer service and distorted the PMs between us that HE forced me to post in order to defend myself and our company reputation. Now you, Joe and anyone has the absolute right to post their opinons and experiences with our products as long as they are TRUE. It would not be right if someone who had never used the products claimed they were bad, and it would not be right for someone to claim we had bad customer service if they had not ever tried it. I have no issue with Joe either and he is right, it was water under the bridge until he felt the need to post on this thread something that was not really true. Just as everyone has a right to their opinion so should people have a right to defend themselves and give the other side of the story. I don`t blame Joe, if he felt the pad caused damage I am sure he was pissed, but he could have let me know,or let whomever he bought the pads from know instead of making posts that were very unclear as to why he disliked them. Lets let the dust settle and hopefully Joe will see that I am sincere in wanting to resolve this and contact me when he is ready to discuss it without the cursing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Of course Joe has a right to his opinion and I`m trying to counter that opinion with facts from my usage of their (velcro) pads. I believe that if a product was truly defective then users would provide honest feedback to a company to help them improve their product.

Fair enough. I also think he has a right to just stop using a product and move on, without having to give any feedback to the mfr., defective or not. He wasn`t a beta tester, who agreed to do so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fair enough. I also think he has a right to just stop using a product and move on, without having to give any feedback to the mfr., defective or not. He wasn`t a beta tester, who agreed to do so.

But he did kept slaming that mfr over the forums without giving him a chance...YOU think this is right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    Mike, I think you are missing something here. I never said anyone could not have their opinion, and I never sent a nasty email to Joe saying he could not have an opinion either. I asked him in a PM...

Well, Justin was right about one thing, no one died and left me in charge of moderating this thread. Not only has this thread been hijacked, there have been several breaches of forum rules, including your (The Edge) posting here as a mfr. rep (unless you have just become a sponsor).

At this point I will retire (acknowledging applause from several corners!) and let the management decide who is right/wrong and whether this thread has a reason to continue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think everyone involved in this thread needs to take a chill pill. What`s the purpose of this pissing match?

When a person has a problem with a product, their first response should be to take the issue to the product manufacturer or reseller for resolution... not to the internet. Likewise, the maker of the product should not be trying to resolve the problem here... in public (the rules are very clear about using the forum for customer service).

While I realize car damage, of any kind, can be emotional, it serves NO PURPOSE to air the issue here before the product maker or reseller is given a fair opportunity to resolve the problem. After all, it may very well be the USER`S ERROR, not a product problem, that caused the problem.

No member has the RIGHT TO SLAM a product, company or person here... it`s not ethical. The proper way is to talk to the other party and WORk IT OUT.

This discussion is not in the spirit of Autopia. Parties involved need to take it off-line and work it out. WHEN it`s resolved and everyone is happy report back the good news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    I think everyone involved in this thread needs to take a chill pill. What`s the purpose of this pissing match?

When a person has a problem with a product, their first response should be to take the issue to the product manufacturer or reseller for resolution... not to the internet. .
    The thread was taken of topic..

My Apologies...

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s one thing to defend a mfr., but why are you dragging another mfr. in the dirt? And exaggerating the number of threads about backing plates damaging a finish? Sure, there have been plenty of threads about backing plates failing, but I only recall one about any damage, the "famous" one about the screw-on plate for a drill. Apparently I missed the other 99. :nixweiss

Wow! My thread is "famous"? I guess that`s something to be proud of. The only thing I`ll say is that I got IMO some seriously poor customer service from Lake Country in that situation. I feel I personally did the right thing by first going to the place I bought the product and then to the manufacturer. I never posted one word about the situation until I felt the manufacturer had refused to stand behind his product by at the very least launching a meaningful investigation.

I`ve since switched to Edge products and Aaron has been great to me. Like many people I`ve bugged him for products like 4" pads and a "polishin` pal" like adapter for Edge pads and he has responded by sending them to me even though they were not products he made. How many companies would do that for a customer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry it happened bro... if its any consolidation at least its just the bumper

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe`s gone over the line. I`m sure justin could operate a rotary damn fine

This kind of wording indicates to me the kind of person he is.

Personally, I`ve switched to LC`s eurotech`s and CCS pads but edge and sonus are still used sometimes.

No way Mr Edge would PM joe as he said he did.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    David.....

I agree with you totally on your comments about this thread and it`s posters including me. The only thing is, joe has threatened people and slandered them, this includes EDGE and even my abilities as a detailer. I am no way a whiner, but I was temporarily banned for much much less than these actions. You know as well as others do, that I receive no monetary compensation from EDGE or any other manufacturers. I do get samples sent to me to test and review and for one member to continuously slam me is unacceptable and I`m frankly tired of it.

Something needs to be done about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    David.....

I agree with you totally on your comments about this thread and it`s posters including me. The only thing is, joe has threatened people and slandered them, this includes EDGE and even my abilities as a detailer. I am no way a whiner, but I was temporarily banned for much much less than these actions. You know as well as others do, that I receive no monetary compensation from EDGE or any other manufacturers. I do get samples sent to me to test and review and for one member to continuously slam me is unacceptable and I`m frankly tired of it.

Something needs to be done about it.
    You know you don`t stop,,Talk about slander tell me who i threatened and slandered..Other then here at Autopia i`m not even sure i`ve done anything..You send PM over at AG with your Advertisement page with AGs Logo along with the Edge Logo,then you come back here to stir up the pot :grrr ..I haven`t PMed you or threatened you or anyone else for that matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin30513
    I too pay for everything I own. My time is money and when I take the time to take pictures and right a lengthy review that is unbiased, that is payment for the products that I receive.
    Justin you already admitted to it..

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Admit?

Admitting something mean I`ve done something wrong.

So you don`t remember the quote you said of "When ever you`re in Illinois.....Look me up!"?

I tried to PM you here but they are off. I PM`d you there like a man, so we could talk personally. What I do over there is my business. What you do here and say about me is my business sir.

You can even call me if you need to. Everyone is big on a forum but when called out, never do anything.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information