Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Thanks for clarifying that the products that you give an "unbiased" review of you receive for free.

And so? No one but you seems to have a problem with that. I do this everyday for a living. Why wouldn`t a company send me products to test and try? Unlike most weekend warriors, I detail more cars in a day than most do in a month or even a year.

I`m sorry but I`m not narrow minded enough to be persuaded by a 15.00 pad for me to lie. Maybe others would. The proofs in the pictures that are in my posts.

Free products seem to equal jealousy around here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jgv
    Guess everything here is very clear right now, there only one thing I don`t understand what`s Setec Astronomy position on the midle of this...the judge? :hmph:

I have been thinking the same thing for about 3 pages now.

Have you used the EDGE pads Setec........Mike?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just read through this (entire) thread...I`ve been intrigued by the E2K system and I sometimes learn from other members` "oops, I made a mistake!" threads. I figured I`d read something about a Machine Polishing topic, and I did. But I also learned about more than the E2K pad system and the problems people sometimes have with plastic bumper covers

Sigh..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I think you missed something. JoeP seems to have an issue with the Edge pads. Yet he won`t resolve the issue directly with Aaron. He slams the product on this board claiming it`s a poor product. He`s claiming that the pads are "abrasive" and damage paint. that is being interpretted as slander by some. Maybe it`s a legitimate problem-maybe not. His PM`s and posts seem to suggest otherwise. If the pads truly damage paint(which I highly doubt)he should be willing to send them to a third party who will test them and determine if they actually do damage paint. Don`t drag Scott or anything irrelevant into this thread as that serves absolutely no purpose.

I`ve used more pads than most will ever here. I`ve never had a single pad scratch a damn thing. Most are good. Most are the same foam! Foam is FOAM! It`s the design of the system that makes the difference. That, and the service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    But I also learned about more than the E2K pad system and the problems people sometimes have with plastic bumper covers

Sigh..

Yep. Plastic absorbs heat and will not displace it like metal can. This is with experience. I can even get this damage to happen by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two ears and one mouth.......people should be listening twice as much as they are taking about stuff they do not use or experience that they do not have.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    And so? No one but you seems to have a problem with that. I do this everyday for a living. Why wouldn`t a company send me products to test and try? Unlike most weekend warriors, I detail more cars in a day than most do in a month or even a year.

I`m sorry but I`m not narrow minded enough to be persuaded by a 15.00 pad for me to lie. Maybe others would. The proofs in the pictures that are in my posts.

Many companies send out "free" products for evaluation or promotional purposes. It takes time for someone to evaluate the product and give the company useful feedback. i had someone send me a sample for evaluation and after using it I called the person on the phone and told them exactly what I didn`t like about the product and kindly suggested reformulating it.

Post Thanks / Like

Although you seem to have been a member here for a year, it seems like you have only become a prolific poster recently. It is considered proper etiquette here, when doing a review, to disclose whether you have received the products for free. This allows the reader to determine if there is a conflict of interest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems that once again I was unintentionally inscrutable as it appears my post was misinterpreted. I would expect anybody to know the differences in how various materials respond to heat and to be able to compensate for them. Oh sheesh...if I`m not outta here I`ll contribute to exactly what I was trying to comment on :bolt

[Accumulator apologetically realizes he shouldn`t have touched this thread]

Post Thanks / Like
    Two ears and one mouth.......people should be listening twice as much as they are taking about stuff they do not use or experience that they do not have.

So much right....that`s why some brands defend themselves saying `For professional use only...` :sosad

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been thinking the same thing for about 3 pages now.

Have you used the EDGE pads Setec........Mike?

I have Edge 2000 pads, but that is rather immaterial. I interjected here because I feel that members are entitled to their own opinions, and shouldn`t be browbeaten for having them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Seems that once again I was unintentionally inscrutable as it appears my post was misinterpreted. I would expect anybody to know the differences in how various materials respond to heat and to be able to compensate for them. Oh sheesh...if I`m not outta here I`ll contribute to exactly what I was trying to comment on :bolt

[Accumulator apologetically realizes he shouldn`t have touched this thread]

Hey Accumulator! You are one of those who does have the common scence to use products and all. One have to feel what he is doing and watch the results, you know that

Pads are pads, the technique makes the diference :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Edge 2000 pads, but that is rather immaterial. I interjected here because I feel that members are entitled to their own opinions, and shouldn`t be browbeaten for having them.

And you feel they need you to defend them? Don`t understand...And it is offtopic

Post Thanks / Like
    Although you seem to have been a member here for a year, it seems like you have only become a prolific poster recently. It is considered proper etiquette here, when doing a review, to disclose whether you have received the products for free. This allows the reader to determine if there is a conflict of interest.

Who are you to determine what th freaking etiquette is here? All of the supplies I use are paid for unless I`ve stated that they are samples.

You, you big......., are the only that has a problem with me and my posts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I think you missed something. JoeP seems to have an issue with the Edge pads. Yet he won`t resolve the issue directly with Aaron. He slams the product on this board claiming it`s a poor product. He`s claiming that the pads are "abrasive" and damage paint. that is being interpretted as slander by some. Maybe it`s a legitimate problem-maybe not. His PM`s and posts seem to suggest otherwise. If the pads truly damage paint(which I highly doubt)he should be willing to send them to a third party who will test them and determine if they actually do damage paint. Don`t drag Scott or anything irrelevant into this thread as that serves absolutely no purpose.

Is he slamming? Or simply expressing his experience/opinion? You can`t "lock" out his opinions as coming from someone who has never used the product, as he clearly has. Is it not true that foam pads have different densities and pore sizes, and therefore different levels of aggressiveness or "abrasiveness"? So couldn`t it be his experience/opinion that the pads had more cut than he likes or expected? It`s a pretty fine line between slamming and having a negative opinion. Would you prefer that members here have their opinions censored, like at some manufacturer-sponsored boards?

I could really give a rodent`s butt whether he or anybody else uses Edge, Meg`s or any other pads, I get my hackles raised when people are denied their opinions, and when reviewers don`t disclose how they received products--it undermines the integrity of the board.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information