Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.

If one can post post a comment like that (joe p) then yes, EDGE has a right to defend their selves. I`ve used the EDGE2K pads everyday for the last 5 months with not one problem. Believe, if there was one, I know that Aaron and EDGE would resolve it just like he is doing here.

I`ve seen over 100 threads on backing plate damage and only 2-3 with EDGE related issues.

What would Meguiar`s do if their backing plate did damage like this?

Not a damn thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Aaron offered to talk with you and help you resolve the issue and you refuse and then you bash his product, he has to defend himself and his product somehow. The PM`s give the impression that you aren`t interested in resolving the problem. I`ll take your Edge stuff if you want to give them away.

Couldn`t agree more.

I`ll pay for shipping if you don`t want them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513

I`ve seen over 100 threads on backing plate damage and only 2-3 with EDGE related issues.

What would Meguiar`s do if their backing plate did damage like this?

Not a damn thing.

There are 100 threads somewhere about backing plates causing paint damage?

I`m not sure how Meguiar`s became a target for this, but I suspect their response would be something other than "not a damn thing". My recollection is Meguiar`s is very quick to replace any defective product.

It`s one thing to defend a mfr., but why are you dragging another mfr. in the dirt? And exaggerating the number of threads about backing plates damaging a finish? Sure, there have been plenty of threads about backing plates failing, but I only recall one about any damage, the "famous" one about the screw-on plate for a drill. Apparently I missed the other 99. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron offered to talk with you and help you resolve the issue and you refuse and then you bash his product, he has to defend himself and his product somehow. The PM`s give the impression that you aren`t interested in resolving the problem. I`ll take your Edge stuff if you want to give them away.
    .I`ve read many times about Edge and there CS,so what makes me different from others that he would send me the type of PM that he did . maybe its just me ,but i didn`t like the tone of his email and this why i responded the way i did..All this is old news..I don`t have any animosity towards Aaron , heck he even offered me shmitt the other day after reading i didn`t own one..

Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn`t agree more.

I`ll pay for shipping if you don`t want them.
    :secret I pay for everything i own,this is whay i can give an honest and unbiased opinion,I do appreciate that you did offer to pay for shipping :p

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they are such junk why bother keeping them?: :chuckle: :nervous2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    :secret I pay for everything i own,this is whay i can give an honest and unbiased opinion,I do appreciate that you did offer to pay for shipping :p

I too pay for everything I own. My time is money and when I take the time to take pictures and right a lengthy review that is unbiased, that is payment for the products that I receive.

There`s a difference between saying that a product didn`t work for you and just plain slander.

A a fellow business man and not just a weekend warrior, this is how it`s really starting to appear.

Post Thanks / Like
    If they are such junk why bother keeping them?: :chuckle: :nervous2:

How did this turn into a "Scottwax must like Zaino" thread? Why does joe.p have to like Edge pads? There would be no need to drag out a bunch of PM`s etc. if members could be allowed to have their own preferences. If I bought a brand of rice pudding and didn`t like it, and some of you guys did, would you force me to like it, since you do? Would you force me to contact the manufacturer so they could offer to send me some more or change the flavor, or would you just let me throw it out and buy another brand?

When did we lose our rights here to like/dislike certain products, and do what we please with them?

Post Thanks / Like

There`s a difference between saying that a product didn`t work for you and just plain slander.

:nixweiss Where is there slander? All I see in this thread is some opinions, and one guy getting poked in the eye for having one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too pay for everything I own. My time is money and when I take the time to take pictures and right a lengthy review that is unbiased, that is payment for the products that I receive.

What does that mean? That you receive products for free, but you consider to have paid for them if you spend your time writing an "unbiased" review? I think you need to clarify that statment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    What does that mean? That you receive products for free, but you consider to have paid for them if you spend your time writing an "unbiased" review? I think you need to clarify that statment.

I don`t need to clarify anything. And it`s "statement" not statment.

But yeah that`s what I mean.

I wonder if movie reviewers have to pay to watch the movies that are under fire?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........

Post Thanks / Like
    :nixweiss Where is there slander? All I see in this thread is some opinions, and one guy getting poked in the eye for having one.

He is saying that a product is bad and not giving a single reason why. Not to us or the owner of the company. He has done this on other sites and in numerous threads.

Where is validity in that opinion then?

I have received a ton of free products. One being a "certain" backplate that delamintated and cost me 435.00 in a repair in my month in business. That "certain" company has not responded to one email that I`ve sent. This is what prompted me to BUY my first EDGE2K system.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t need to clarify anything. And it`s "statement" not statment.

But yeah that`s what I mean.

Oh, thanks for checking my "righting" [sic]. Thanks for clarifying that the products that you give an "unbiased" review of you receive for free.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did this turn into a "Scottwax must like Zaino" thread? Why does joe.p have to like Edge pads? There would be no need to drag out a bunch of PM`s etc. if members could be allowed to have their own preferences. If I bought a brand of rice pudding and didn`t like it, and some of you guys did, would you force me to like it, since you do? Would you force me to contact the manufacturer so they could offer to send me some more or change the flavor, or would you just let me throw it out and buy another brand?

When did we lose our rights here to like/dislike certain products, and do what we please with them?

I think you missed something. JoeP seems to have an issue with the Edge pads. Yet he won`t resolve the issue directly with Aaron. He slams the product on this board claiming it`s a poor product. He`s claiming that the pads are "abrasive" and damage paint. that is being interpretted as slander by some. Maybe it`s a legitimate problem-maybe not. His PM`s and posts seem to suggest otherwise. If the pads truly damage paint(which I highly doubt)he should be willing to send them to a third party who will test them and determine if they actually do damage paint. Don`t drag Scott or anything irrelevant into this thread as that serves absolutely no purpose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess everything here is very clear right now, there`s only one thing I don`t understand what`s Setec Astronomy position on the midle of this...the judge? :hmph:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information