Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm121499
    Yikes, Sorry to hear that Joe!

Lets hope the folks at `The Edge` see this and correct the situation(s).

Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    John ,the edge E2k 6" pads are abrassive and according to Edges site cut faster at lower speeds ,but you won`t see the information posted on a sponsors site ..Many people are having problems with the pads splitting in the center just as the above picture shows..I tore up a few pieces of trim on my own vehicle where i had it taped off,also took off some pin striping.

I have used LC pads in the past with a rotory on many vehicles with no problems..I posted how abrassive the pads where to keep newbs from making the same error and received a nasty PM from Aaron..I have a right to speak of good experience as well as bad with any product i purchase,but Aaron beleives different..at the same time i purchased my pads i reffered the pads to another detailer here in chicago after a few uses he won`t use them anymore..

The Quick disconnect adapter is the only advantage i see to the E2K 6" pads..I can`t wait to try the new LC CCS..

I am surprised that you would post this publically Joe. Normally I would not feel the need to post here except to answer questions but when someone totally gives the wrong impression to the whole public about our reputation I need to respond. The following is what really took place.

In regards to Joe P. After seeing many of his negative posts I sent this as a PM on autogeekonline:

The Edge

Junior Member Join Date: May 2006

Edge Pads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe,

You seem to have a real issue with our pads. Can you describe to me the situation that led you to feel so bias against our product? Have you ever contacted us about an issue that we did not resolve? Have you damaged your vehicle with our product? Have you ever used our product? If so can you please let us know when, whom you purchased from, and which products? Its true that we have been improving the product since the begining but I don`t know of any product that hasn`t. There are alot more problems with backing plates than our system and pads, and truthfully I don`t think you should publically claim that our pads damage cars. We have sold 10s of thousands of these pads and have only had a few problems all of which we made good on and worked to fix the issues. I suggest you contact us if you had a problem with our pads, otherwise I suggest you not publically bash a product that AG sells very well on their own forum.

And here was his response:

joe.p

Senior Member Join Date: Mar 2006

Re: Edge Pads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do you need pic of the damage? if you so would you say it was user error..I can publically say im disatisfied with a product just as well as if i had liked it ..its a review/opinion call it what you want..You`ll find me very different then most i dont go with the flow. I also help sell $99.00 to another member.. as well i feel like #### for the recommendation as he will be purchasing another brand.. I have 2 cars that have been damged something i havent had a problem with brand X in the past. I dont appreciate you contacting me in this way..I dont owe you ####. I paid for the pads nobody gave me nothing so i owe you nothing..you just pissed me off..I beleive my visit to this forum will be cut short..

You learned the two greatest thing in life, never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.

Robert De Niro

his yelling and cursing was uncalled for so I wrote him this:

The Edge

Junior Member Join Date: May 2006

Re: Edge Pads

Dear Joe,

I am not sure how to respond to your reply? It seems that you have indeed used our product and damaged your cars with them, so I would ask again, why have you not contacted us and given us the chance to work with you to find a solution to why it happened and what we can do to fix it. We have never left a customer out in the cold! You should check our track record. You say you don`t appreciate us contacting you but that is just customer service. We beleive very strongly that our product is great and we will back that up with even better customer service. How do you know we will say its operator error unless you actually pick up the phone call us and talk with us about it? I suggest you take some pics and send them to me. Also describe the damage and how it was caused, and what it cost to repair. I am not sure why instead of working with us you feel the need to curse at us? Why not give us the oportunity to make this right instead of this ranting which does not solve anything.

And would you believe that HE NEVER RESPONDED OR CALLED I don’t get it, or him, but we have always tried to be both professional and courteous to all our customers and we handle any problems quickly and completely but this is NUTS and I don’t think it’s fair that he bash us every chance he gets when no one really knows that we have tried very hard to appease him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t think posting PMs, especially from another site, is a good first post and a step in the right direction IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHonu
    Don`t think posting PMs, especially from another site, is a good first post and a step in the right direction IMO.

so...what`s your suggestion if you are in Edge`s situation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kyotousa

Very easy to defend your situation without having to post PMs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Edge handled it exactly right. These Forums are a great influence on people. I ask for advice all the time and buy products that are recommended here. Therefore when someone rants about how a product didn`t work or was harmful then that company has lost big bucks in potential sales. What Edge did was shed some light on what was really going on that we didn`t know. That said, I will swear on the Bible that I have never bought an Edge product up to now. However, when my LC pads give out, I will replace them with Edge 2K - because of the positive reviews I have read and because they tried to help this original poster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron is a good guy who works very hard to make his products good, no matter if some like it more or not, the pads alone won`t damage any car. One must be wise enough to know what he is doing. If one product is bad the manufacturer is the one to be contacted usually he tries to solve the problem.

I had problems with pads from all brands, mostly beacause they pealed off, the only ones that I had immedeatly replaced were the ones from The Edge....

Now, if someone like Aaron see his name exposed in public saying he has bad service and when he actually has great service, what can he think? It`s a company`s reputation that it`s in the table, not somebody`s hobby.

The orange (by The Edge) pad is not that agressive, in fact is less then the green one. The PC stops rotating under certain pressure, specially on some irregular surfaces, but it still vibrates and for the looks of that pad thats what happened, it was shaking for sometime in the exact same position and as it was said before those areas have a very thin layer of paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very sorry if anyone is offended that we posted that but as others have posted that is exactly how we and I felt. These forums are like a broadcast to the entire world. Someone can slander your name, company and product for any number of reasons and its not fair that that can happen without any recourse. Honestly, I don`t post on this forum because I have tried many times to sponsor but no one will return our calls. I assume because they are locked in with another supplier or don`t need any other sponsors. There are many negative posts here about our products even problems and I always PM people so as not to offend the site or its forum owners that don`t want us here, but when someone posts publically something that is totally false, and damages the company reputation, product, and me personally, It takes it to another level that requires a response. I don`t mean to offend anyone on this forum, even Joe, but his claim that I gave him bad customer service, that we don`t take care of our customers, that we make bad products, and that I write nasty emails if someone does not like our products are all FALSE CLAIMS. Is it fair that just because we make the products we have to sit on the side line while someone does irreputable damage to our company?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kyotousa
    well... I don`t know if posting Joe`s response is fair. If Aaron had posted the email he sent Joe, it would have been fine, but I do believe that posting Joes reply is unfair because it is a Private Message. There is a reason that PM`s exist, and that is to keep this kind of thing off the forum. Joe may or may not have misunderstood the PM, however he is entitled to say what he wants, including posting his feelings about Edge pads.

This thread is getting really OT, so hopefully Aaron can help Huarache out. hopefully we can keep things nice so this thread doesn`t end up being closed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    I don`t think you should publically claim that our pads damage cars. We have sold 10s of thousands of these pads and have only had a few problems all of which we made good on and worked to fix the issues. I suggest you contact us if you had a problem with our pads, otherwise I suggest you not publically bash a product that AG sells very well on their own forum.
    First i`ve heard of your post..

I`m not sure i claimed your pads damage cars in general. but the E2K Pads did mine and another vehicle..IIRC, I said the pads are very abbrassive and made to cut a lower speeds,this information is not posted on any of the vendors site who sell your pads..If AG had a problem with me talking about the pads on there forum..why didn`t they contact me.

Aaron,

if you purchased a BMW from a dealership with excellent CS but people constantly had to bring the cars back for reoccuring problems no matter how great the serv the incovenience of having to contact the dealer and bring the car in gets a little tiresome..

fwiw, i finished the job up with a 7".5" white LC pad without incident..

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure i claimed your pads damage cars in general. but the E2K Pads did mine and another vehicle..IIRC, I said the pads are very abbrassive and made to cut a lower speeds,this information is not posted on any of the vendors site who sell your pads..If AG had a problem with me talking about the pads on there forum..why didn`t they contact me.

Aaron,

if you purchased a BMW from a dealership with excellent CS but people constantly had to bring the cars back for reoccuring problems no matter how great the serv the incovenience of having to contact the dealer and bring the car in gets a little tiresome..

Joe,

The quote you took was from the PM that I sent you many months ago. I never posted your response then even though it was very rude and just decided not to bother you again because you obviously did not want that. You say that it would be tiresome going back over and over again to the dealer because of many problems, but you never contacted us ONCE so how tiresome could you be? Your post was that my email was nasty and that I don`t allow people to have opinions on pads and that my customer service is not good, but you would never know because you never tried. That is the only reason I posted not that you did not like our pads, or customer service but that I was nasty, that I tried in some way to bully you in a PM and that I did not offer you good customer service. You are free to not like our pads, and not even like me, but the other statements are not true and mislead people as to my character, and that of our company. In fact, I am more that willing even now, to speak with you personally, privately, through email, phone, or PM and try to find out what happened, why, and if needed have us make it right, even if you don`t ever use our pads again! Why not take us up on this offer so that you don`t feel the need to post about us again.

Aaron

610-583-4883

aaron@edgepads.com

Post Thanks / Like

Aaron,

Joe,

The quote you took was from the PM that I sent you many months ago. I never posted your response then even though it was very rude and just decided not to bother you again because you obviously did not want that. You say that it would be tiresome going back over and over again to the dealer because of many problems, but you never contacted us ONCE so how tiresome could you be? Your post was that my email was nasty and that I don`t allow people to have opinions on pads and that my customer service is not good, but you would never know because you never tried. That is the only reason I posted not that you did not like our pads, or customer service but that I was nasty, that I tried in some way to bully you in a PM and that I did not offer you good customer service. You are free to not like our pads, and not even like me, but the other statements are not true and mislead people as to my character, and that of our company. In fact, I am more that willing even now, to speak with you personally, privately, through email, phone, or PM and try to find out what happened, why, and if needed have us make it right, even if you don`t ever use our pads again! Why not take us up on this offer so that you don`t feel the need to post about us again.

Aaron

610-583-4883

aaron@edgepads.com

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t believe that Edge pads are more abrasive than other brands of pads. I have an 8.5 inch yellow medium cut that I use on a rotary. It is a fairly agressive pad but it`s actually softer than my Megs burgundy pad. The green light cut 8.5 inch pad I have is softer than the LC white pad I own-I certainly wouldn`t call that abrasive. And Aaron offers great customer service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    That said, I will swear on the Bible that I have never bought an Edge product up to now. However, when my LC pads give out, I will replace them with Edge 2K - because of the positive reviews I have read and because they tried to help this original poster.
    I find it odd that you don`t even own the edge pads but feel compelled to comment..I bought the pads because of the positive reviews..i purchased the E2K pads even though i own 1/2 dzn new LC pads based on the reviews ..plus i picked up a kit for someone else..$200.000 pal

My problem isn`t with Aaron, Also the PM i sent Aaron was in reply to his PM,People voice there displeaures with products all the time..I`m not even a sponsor of any products and i have gone out of my way for more then a few members with no ulterior motives and without expecting anything other then a thank you..Had Aarons PM been worded somewhat different i would have responded with a positive reply..Give the thread back to the original poster..

I apologize to the original poster for your thread being over shadowed by this topic..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    Joe,

Aaron

610-583-4883

aaron@edgepads.com
    Your right the qoute i took was from the pM you posted here on autopia..You took a pM i sent you and posted it in an open forum...very professional::goodjob If you wanted to speak privately maybe you should of put that in a new PM

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your right the qoute i took was from the pM you posted here on autopia..You took a pM i sent you and posted it in an open forum...very professional::goodjob If you wanted to speak privately maybe you should of put that in a new PM

Aaron offered to talk with you and help you resolve the issue and you refuse and then you bash his product, he has to defend himself and his product somehow. The PM`s give the impression that you aren`t interested in resolving the problem. I`ll take your Edge stuff if you want to give them away.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information