Thread: PC Loose??!

Post Thanks / Like
    The spindle on my PC feels loose. With a BP on it I can wiggle it about 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch if measured at the edges of a 5" BP. Is this normal? I took the BP and counterwieghts off last night to see if there was something to tighten with conventional tools, but saw nothing. I tried briefly to remove black plastic from the outside, but stopped for fear of breaking it. I don`t remember if it did this new or not, and it doesn`t seem to be getting worse, but the last thing I want is for it to come apart on some car I`m detailing. Does yours do this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like your spindle bearings might be going out, mine has very little slop in it like you describe. Here is a link to a thread on replacing the spindle bearings on a PC. Even if yours is still under warranty this has some good pictures that might help you figure out what is going on:

HOW TO: Replace bearings - w/pics - DetailCity.org - Auto Detailing Enthusiast Forum

If you need a parts list/source post back and I give you a link (I`ll have to look for it again, but I found it once before).
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, that`s what I was afraid of. I just bought it refurbished on Oct. 2nd, so hopefully it`s still under their warranty. I`ve contacted the seller and if I need to, I can probably find the bearings myself, but if I have trouble, I`ll contact you John. Thanks again!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the seller told me to contact the manufacturer, and the manufacturer wants me to send it prepaid both ways to a service center and wait for it to come back. I guess I`ll just pay for the bearings and be pissed off about it.

Thread Information