Post Thanks / Like
    I know...i`m like the 400th person to start a thread like this, but I`d love some feedback. I`m sorry I have no pictures, but I`ll try my best to describe my dilemma...

I have a 97 Eclipse (Hunter Green) that we just bought. I just got my PC and decided to try and get rid of the webs/light-medium scratches.

I started with SFX-1 and an orange sonus pad. (2x)

Then SFX-2 w/ green sonus pad (1x)

Then SFX-3 w/ blue sonus pad (1x)

In hind-sight I should have made more passes w/ the SFX-1 because the light scratches and most of the webs are still visible. I know there are no pictures, but imagine the paint is in average shape...not too bad, but swirls are plain and visible. I just can`t seem to get rid of most anything....

is my combo too weak? I`m 99% positive I went the right speed. (6) and went about an inch per second. Also worked till a haze developed.

Any thoughts? I used the 6" pads.

If I can give anymore info, please let me know. And thanks in advance!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This comes up all the time...and just recently it seems to come up a lot with people using SFX-1 :nixweiss

Yeah, if what you`re doing isn`t removing the flaws then you need to either get more aggressive or spend a *lot* more time doing what you`re already doing. Within reason I`d generally recommend the first solution.

More aggressive (when you`re already using speed 6) means a different product and/or different pads. The smaller 4" pads perform more aggressively than the larger ones and also allow you to put more pressure on the PC (which some might not consider advisable). FWIW, this is about the only way I can do serious correction with the PC. I almost *never* try to remove marring with the PC and larger pads, it`s just too mild an approach for most of my vehicles.

Products like Hi-Temp EC and HC, which seem to be the flavors of the month right now (and for good reason IMO!), used with a 4" pad, will do about as much work as you *can* do without a rotary. But I`d try using the SFX-1 with a 4" pad before you try different products, it might work fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just so I`m clear, are we talking about Hi-Temp HC leveler or HC compound? Two different products.... Chances are I`ll get both, just wondering which is the one everyone seems to be using.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I`ll give the 4" pads a try, and pick up some more agressive stuff while I"m at it...just in case. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Huarache
    Just so I`m clear, are we talking about Hi-Temp HC leveler or HC compound? Two different products.... Chances are I`ll get both, just wondering which is the one everyone seems to be using.

Sorry, I meant the leveler. Most people seem to get by OK without the compound so I dunno if I`d get both (and I`m sure not one to bypass products if I think I could use `em). FWIW I got the EC and HC levelers and consider those all I`ll need for such work.

Thread Information