Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So far I was thinking a 4" yellow pad with Megs DACP.

Any thoughts ?

SSR 2.5 did some, but after 4 passes, I dont think it has the bite to tackle this [my] car. What about ssr3 ? I dont see it used [mentioned] very much.

Thanks

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    SSR3 isn`t mentioned much because it`s almost too much for the PC to break down. It tends to haze *a lot*. A combo I have used with some success with the PC is Menzerna Power Gloss mixed 70/30 with Clearkote Red Moose Glaze (to keep the dusting down). It will also haze quite a bit, but does a decent job of deep marring removal, and the haze isn`t *too* hard to remove on most paint.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Try some Optimum Hyper Compound. Very user friendly and the PC seems to be able to break it down pretty good. I have corrected some BAD swirls/marring with it, and that was with a 6.5" yellow LC. The haze comes out easy with one pass of a light polish(in my case, FPII).

Post Thanks / Like
    yellow pad, or megs burgandy pad, or a waffle weave cutting pad.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Jumping in the wagon ! I`m also in need of this combo. I tried SFX1 and SXF2 on black and dark blue cars, but most swirls still there.

Post Thanks / Like
    A 4" pad with 1Z Ultra is pretty aggresssive, more so than #83. I`m sure Hi-Temp Heavy Cut would be a good choice and *maybe* even their Extreme Cut but only with that 4" pad (if it works by Cyclo it`ll work with the PC/4" setup).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa3346
    Try some Optimum Hyper Compound. Very user friendly and the PC seems to be able to break it down pretty good. I have corrected some BAD swirls/marring with it, and that was with a 6.5" yellow LC. The haze comes out easy with one pass of a light polish(in my case, FPII).

I will be researching this polish for sure..

NOTE: Sorry for the late responses, we ahve just moved into Tampa over the week and everythings going nuts here hehe. Just got the computer setup tonight with the internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa3346

That would be my suggestion as well.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    That would be my suggestion as well.

will do then.. who has this stuff for the best price ?

Post Thanks / Like
    SSR3 with a 6" cutting pad is my go to aggressive combo. The PC breaks it down no problem, just have to work it in. This is much more aggressive than OHC. 1Z UP is almost as aggressive but SSR3 with 6` cutting pad is about as aggressive as you can go with a PC.
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DSVWGLI
    ... 1Z UP is almost as aggressive but SSR3 with 6` cutting pad is about as aggressive as you can go with a PC.

Thanks for posting that comparison! While I`m familiar with the 1Z UP I`ve never used the SSR line so I didn`t know how the two compare (and a lot of people ask about the SSR stuff). Now I have a relative comparison between the 1Z UP and something lots of people use and ask about.

I`d be just a little careful using 4" pads with these types of products, you really *can* do a bit of damge with "just the PC"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Thanks for posting that comparison! While I`m familiar with the 1Z UP I`ve never used the SSR line so I didn`t know how the two compare (and a lot of people ask about the SSR stuff). Now I have a relative comparison between the 1Z UP and something lots of people use and ask about.

I`d be just a little careful using 4" pads with these types of products, you really *can* do a bit of damge with "just the PC"

I hear ya man, hehe. I make sure that I always keep it moving in sections going N to S, S to N then W to E and E to W directions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DSVWGLI
    SSR3 with a 6" cutting pad is my go to aggressive combo. The PC breaks it down no problem, just have to work it in. This is much more aggressive than OHC. 1Z UP is almost as aggressive but SSR3 with 6` cutting pad is about as aggressive as you can go with a PC.

Thanks for this. Do you by chance have sny snapshots of ssr3 results ?

-Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the thred interuption but I have a questions on the pads.

What is the difference with using a 4" pad compared to a 6.5"? If you you the same product with both pads, does it make a significant difference?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoDLR
    Sorry for the thred interuption but I have a questions on the pads.

What is the difference with using a 4" pad compared to a 6.5"? If you you the same product with both pads, does it make a significant difference?

The 4" pads concentrate the limited work/energy capability of the PC to a smaller area compared to a 6.5" pads. Also, applying any significant pressure on a 6.5" pad with PC tends to inhibit or bog the motion of the PC, making the polisher less effective.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information