Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the PC today removing some marks on a car. I am using LC orange pads, 4 inch mostly with Menzerna intensive polish. While removing most of the swirls etc I am also put scracthes in. Very tiny short 0.5-1cm curver scratches. They are random but slightly curved. The PC is obviuolsy doing this. I can remove some with the white pad and final polish but alot still remain. Why is this? I tried changing pads and washing them after each panel but I still get them. Any help would be helpful.
    :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like either the pad is picking up existing contaminants off the paint, or that your polish is drying out. Did you clay before polishing? Is it possible you may be working your polish too long / not using enough product?

I had a similar problem working with the Sonus Scratch Removal Kit. The problem disappeared when I started using Optimum polishes (very slow to dry out)

Before working on each panel check the edges of your pad to ensure that the product hasn`t gone dry. If it has, you might try carefully brushing it away or working it away with your fingers.
    ex-Autoglym-er finding better products all the time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume we`re talking about Micromarring?

Dried product can do it, but most likely the pad has some dirt or dust on it which you cannot see. Wash it with Dawn by hand in the sink, making sure to rinse ALL soap out...

Try it again, and see if it still does it :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, will do both tasks. I hope its something minor like this. I did clay before by the way, Menzerna does tend to dry but if I get it to wet it gets real messy. You cant win sometimes I guess lol.
    :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    either dawn or an APC...I just cleaned all my pads with a little warm water and APC mix and they came out next to new!!!! first time doing that, so I was stoked! - no machine washing

Post Thanks / Like
    Which Intensive Polish is it you using? PO91L or PO85RD3.01? The former is the standard IP, has a very bruttle abbrassive and dries out quickly especially in the heat. The abbrassive is also very fragile, and shatters under pressure and doesn`t properly break down ar work effectively. When using PO91L I spritz QD on the pad to keep things moist, spread at speed 3, and then make slow passes with no pressure at speed 3 until the residue goes clear (but not dry). Then I sprtiz the pad with QD and return the polishing at speed 3, the residue hazes up again... repeat this a couple of times, then up to speed 5 with no pressure and finally finish at speed 6 with medium pressure. QDing the pad everytime the residue goes clear. This is slow, but makes full use of the abbrassives by not shattering them under weight but letting them break down naturally. Achieves better results and a sharper finish.

If its the cerami-clear PO85RD3.01, the above does not apply - its much better lubed so doesn`t dry out like the PO91L and uses a much less brittle abbrassive so can withstand light to medium pressure straight away.

Thread Information