Post Thanks / Like
    I have been hand polishing / waxing all of my life with pretty decent results. Is it that much of a difference to machine polish? I am swaying towards the PC 7428; is that one of the best?

I was going to continue doing the work by hand but some of the results here look pretty convincing. Opinions/thoughts?/

Post Thanks / Like
    i would start off with a pc, and work your way up to the rotary... here`s a great article! http://www.guidetodetailing.com/arti...p?articleId=47 :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 99vr4
    I have been hand polishing / waxing all of my life with pretty decent results. Is it that much of a difference to machine polish? I am swaying towards the PC 7428; is that one of the best?

I was going to continue doing the work by hand but some of the results here look pretty convincing. Opinions/thoughts?/

The PC is a great tool for the do it yourselfer. The learning curve is minimal and the results can be great. Rotaries make the job much quicker, can correct some of the worst problems, but also has a much larger learning curve and it`s easy to slip just once and do some damage. I`d been doing all my car care by hand for years but once I got a PC i was able to take the finish to a new level and with much less effort.

:waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    PC will give you results you haven`t seen before.
    Drive her like you stole her!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Buy one.
    :soscared:

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you mean the PC 7424 or the PC 7436 ?

I`m new to using the PC and have only used mine so far to apply a coat of Meguiars NXT Tech wax, however, I feel the results were much better than if I had applied by hand.

I washed and clayed and then used the pc to apply the NXT.

I was able to work the product to a much thinner and more uniform coating in much less time then by hand. I did wipe off by hand using MF towels though.

I ended up with a glass like finish that I think is better than if I did it by hand.

My next step is to use a more serious compound/polish on my wifes (6yr old) car to see if I can remove swirls and mars from the hood and truck lid. While I`m at it, I`ll likely polish the whole thing with a mild polish.

I think it was worth the investment, taking the finish to the next level.

Post Thanks / Like
    I meant the 7424, let me know the results abbeysdad, and thank you all for the opinions everyone. Its now on my `goals` or to buy list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 99vr4
    I meant the 7424

you can also buy the 7336sp at lowes as it`s basically the same machine as the 7424, but with a different size counterweight (not a big deal), then buy the backing plate and pads from many of the great online suppliers (autopia-carcare / exceldetail / danase / etc...) good luck, you won`t regret it! http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...472-546-7336SP :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...htm?E+coastest

According to Coastal Tool the 7424 now comes with the 6" counter weight, offered with a 6" hook and loop backing plate for $119 plus delivery.

Once you go PC or rotary you will never go back.

Thread Information