Post Thanks / Like
    Well I`ve been using SSR2.5 on an LC Orange VC pad. I also have SSR1 that I`ve followed up with on an LC Flat White pad. Basicly the SSR2.5 takes out a LOT, but leaves enough swirls still to be noticeable. I`ve tried following up with 2.5 on the white, and/or ssr1 on the white. The improvement is minimal at best.

I can`t be satisfied with leaving all these fine scratches behind. An another problem is that... I can just wash the orange VC pad and then spin out the water and it`s good to use after just a couple hours. The white one however is far more dense and feels way heavier... probably in part due to the fact that it is flat pad also. Anyway, the white one holds way too much water... takes FOREVER to dry, and because it`s noticeably heavier than the orange one... it vibrates HORRIBLY on the PC.

I`d like suggestions, and I will most likely do some panels tonight with SSR2.5 and post close pics under halogen so you all can better suggest the right combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only help I may be of is for the white pad when cleaning...I wash it out, then take it in between my two hands and push on the pad from both directions wrinsing all the water out of it, then spin dry until it`s ready. I don`t like to wring out the pads so I think that just pushing the water out of them works fine.

Are you using the handle on your pc? Many people find that if they remove the handle it is easier to handle as well as causes less vibrations. Other than that if it doesn`t help any...it`s just the pc vibrating because that`s is what it does

For the swirling/scratches could you give us a list of what polishes you have and pads? Are you able to step up to anything more aggressive?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    The only help I may be of is for the white pad when cleaning...I wash it out, then take it in between my two hands and push on the pad from both directions wrinsing all the water out of it, then spin dry until it`s ready. I don`t like to wring out the pads so I think that just pushing the water out of them works fine.

Are you using the handle on your pc? Many people find that if they remove the handle it is easier to handle as well as causes less vibrations. Other than that if it doesn`t help any...it`s just the pc vibrating because that`s is what it does

For the swirling/scratches could you give us a list of what polishes you have and pads? Are you able to step up to anything more aggressive?

All I have right now is... LC Variable Contact - yellow, orange, black... and LC flat - white.

About rinsing... that`s what I do... I squeeze it out then spin it. Works great w/ the orange but the white vibrates SO HARD that I can`t do that unless the pad is ON a surface. It`s not just mild vibrations... I have no handle on.. and my hand aches after I do a panel.

Polishes... I only have SSR2.5 and SSR1... but I`m willing to buy something new if I need to.

Thread Information