Post Thanks / Like
    hello world. well i been reading and i been hearing alot of the words "use the least agressive product first" and i been hearing, "you will find a combination that works for you and your car"

now im wondering, i love to detail alot but am about to buy the PC...yet how many pads should i get since im going to be in the testing mode? i dotn want to mix products for differnt pads....should i get like 3 of each type of pad im going to get so that each pad has a differnt cutting power and type of polish on it? IMO thats alot of testing, and im hoping not a waste of a pad.

any help?

Post Thanks / Like
    One Orange, two Whites, and one/two blacks or a blue should suffice you to get started. (These are LC colors.)

Go to pinnaclewax.com, you`ll get free shipping on their $189.99 kit that includes pads, a couple of mf towels, and an applicator, as well as a backing plate.

Normally, you`ll wind up using polishing (white) pads for most jobs and products and finishing swirl removals. The black/blue pads are handy for applying glazes and liquid waxes/sealants in a hurry.

Orange pads are for the aggressive/stubborn spots, or highly swirled vehicles that need a more aggressive cut. Nice to have one or two of these in stock, but I don`t tend to use them much.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the advice. does it matter if i get pads from here "sonas DAS" or should i get the LC ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    862sik- Can`t help with the choice of pads as I haven`t used the Sonus ones (no complaints about the LC ones though, I like them). But my $0.02 is to get more pads that you think you need, for just the reason you mentioned- you`ll be experimenting, and because [stuff] happens. That`s assuming you *do* experiment with different products.

Generally, you`ll do OK if you reuse a pad while experimenting as long as you put a *more aggressive product* on it the second time.

There are a few products/product lines that are, IMO, so generally accepted that experimenting can be limited. Get a very aggressive product, a sorta-aggressive product, a mild product, and, if desired a *very* mild product. You`ll be all set. That`s four products max and I`d distill it down to two.

Since everybody has an opinion, I`ll give you mine

See if THIS SITE still has 3M PI-III RC 05933 and PI-III MG 05937. Those two products will do almost everything you can do by PC. They`re easy to use and effective. IMO with those two products and an orange, two whites, and a black/blue you`ll have everything you need.

Oh, if you plan to do any serious correction on hard paint, look into the 4" pad setups with the smaller backing plates. The 05933/4" pad combo can do some work!

Post Thanks / Like
    couldnt agree more accumulator, take for instance when i ordered mine i only ordered one yellow lc pad, it just so happened to be a little on the defective side, it seemed the j hook was very warn with little grip causing my most important pad, imo to fling off my machine at random, had to wait for another 3 to be shipped out. set me back a few days as well, by that i mean i had to continue working by hand lol.

Thread Information